Thursday Morning House Fire in Sharp County Claims Infant's Life - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Sidney, AR

Thursday Morning House Fire in Sharp County Claims Infant's Life

January 29, 2004 - Posted at 4:22 p.m. CDT, updated on 1/30/04 at 7:44 a.m.

 

SIDNEY, AR - An early morning fire in Sharp County claimed the life of a one-year-old boy on Thursday.

At 2:07 a.m., the Sharp County emergency dispatch center received a call from a Sidney resident alerting them to a fire at a residence across the street.  The caller also told the 911 operator that a baby was trapped inside the burning home.

When firefighters arrived at the scene, a mobile home was fully engulfed in flames.  They were told a family of five lived inside the home, but the parents were unable to find their 1-year-old son when they were awakened to discover the structure was on fire.  Kellum Kupfner, 22, and Maline Green, 22, were able to escape the building with their other children, ages 2 and 3. 

After knocking down the flames, firemen had to wait for the structure to cool down before re-entering the building to search for the boy.  They eventually found the body of Terry Kupfner.

Authorities say Kellum Kupfner told them that the home had run out of propane gas, and the family was using two small electric heaters to heat the home.  It is beleived the heaters may have been a contributing cause of the fire. 

 

  • Region 8 News</span><a class="customMoreLink" href="/Global/category.asp?C=4391" target="_top">More >></a>Region 8 NewsMore>>

  • Foundation to adopt a family for Christmas

    Foundation to adopt a family for Christmas

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 11:40 PM EST2017-11-22 04:40:57 GMT
    Tuesday, November 21 2017 11:55 PM EST2017-11-22 04:55:13 GMT
    (Source: Keeunna Watson)(Source: Keeunna Watson)

    A foundation in honor of a Jonesboro who died from epilepsy is finding a way to serve another family in need for Christmas.

    A foundation in honor of a Jonesboro who died from epilepsy is finding a way to serve another family in need for Christmas.

  • Family safely makes it out of house fire in Matthews, MO

    Family safely makes it out of house fire in Matthews, MO

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 11:47 PM EST2017-11-22 04:47:04 GMT
    source:  Raycom Mediasource: Raycom Media

    According to an official with the Matthews Volunteer Fire Department, a family was inside the home when the fire started in an upstairs bathroom.

    According to an official with the Matthews Volunteer Fire Department, a family was inside the home when the fire started in an upstairs bathroom.

  • Combating depression during the holidays

    Combating depression during the holidays

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 11:23 PM EST2017-11-22 04:23:14 GMT
    Tuesday, November 21 2017 11:41 PM EST2017-11-22 04:41:49 GMT
    (Source: KAIT)(Source: KAIT)

    The holiday season is usually a time of happiness and enjoyment with family and friends, but that can be different for some suffering from a mental health illness.

    The holiday season is usually a time of happiness and enjoyment with family and friends, but that can be different for some suffering from a mental health illness.

Powered by Frankly