TRUMANN,AR (KAIT) – Trumann fire investigators believe a heater located next to acouch, is to blame for an apartment fire that injured a 2-year-old boy.
Accordingto Trumann Fire Chief Rick Winkles, the 2-year-old boy was transported toChildren's Hospital in Little Rock. Winkles says it was out of precaution andhis age.
Theboy suffered burns to his left leg and arm, and is expected to be okay.
TheTFD says the mother and baby were the only ones home at the time of the fire. Investigatorssay the fire started an upstairs apartment.
Thebuilding suffered damage the outside, and the inside had substantial smoke andwater damage.
Thebuilding sits at 115 South Ozark Avenue and houses 4 apartments.
Region8 News will continue to track this story and being you any new details as soonas they become available.