PARAGOULD, AR (KAIT) - Investigatorswith the Greene County Sheriff's Department believe it was fuel fumes thatcaused an explosion in Paragould Friday night.
According to the Western Greene FireChief James Potter, a call came in of a house explosion in the 8300 block ofHighway 412 West. A nearby wooded area also caught fire, forcing the firedepartment to request a brush truck to help.
According Sheriff Dan Langston, MichaelGriffith, Brian Griffith, and Kenny Adams were welding outside at theirpersonal shop building, just west of Crowley's Ridge College, when theexplosion happened. High-octane fumes from one of the victim's vehicles are suspectedto have caused the original explosion which then ignited racing fuel stored atthe shop.
Langston adds that Michael Griffithremains in critical care with third degree burns over 90 percent of his body,Brian Griffith has third degree burns over 50 percent of his body, and Adams isin stable condition. All three are getting treatment at The Med in Memphis.
Because of the extent of the injuries,the department has yet to be able to interview the victims as to what exactlyhappened.