BATESVILLE, AR (KAIT) – Bad Boy Mowers has broken ground on its new $7.4 million dollar expansion site in Batesville.
Company spokespersons say Bad Boy Mowers plans to add 150 new jobs at an average wage of $18 per hour, and that the expansion will allow the company to add to its multi-terrain vehicle (MTV) manufacturing capacity.
Earlier this month, Governor Mike Beebe announced the new expansion in a keynote address, and joined Bad Boy co-owners Phil Pulley and Robert Foster Wednesday for the ground breaking ceremony. He calls the company a true example of an American success story.
"They'll have more than 500 employees, which elevates them, according to the federal government, they're no longer a small business," Gov. Beebe said. "You start out selling fireworks. You end up employing more than 500 people making a great product and adding to the economy of Northeast Arkansas, certainly Batesville and Independence County."
The company originally started in Diaz in 1998 and moved to its current location in Batesville in 2002.
Co-owners Pulley and Robert Foster say the company's success is the result of quality products and an exceptional workforce.
"We realize we're not better than anybody else," Foster said. "I'll do anything at Bad Boy from taking out trash or whatever's got to be done. I look at everyone here as a very, very big part of this team."
Pulley says the new facility will open in 2013, adding that the company hopes to fill the new positions by January.
Additional information can be found at www.badboymowers.com