Air compressor fire causing smoke to fill Anchor Packaging; e - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Air compressor fire cause of smoke in Anchor Packaging, no injuries or damage

PARAGOULD, AR (KAIT) – Paragould firefighters say an air compressor at Anchor Packaging caught fire and filled the building with smoke.

According to the Paragould Fire Department, a 911 call of heavy smoke in the building came into dispatch around 9:30a Tuesday morning.

The fire department was able to put the fire out quickly, and spent almost two hours clearing the building of smoke.

Employees were evacuated as a precaution, but no injuries or damage was reported.

Copyright 2012 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly