APRIL 13, 2004 - Posted at 7:41 a.m. CDT
LITTLE ROCK, AR - Trial is to continue today in Little Rock in a lawsuit by a woman who was badly burned when her Victoria's Secret nightgown caught fire.
57-year-old Linda Rossby testified in federal court yesterday about how the flames covered her in seconds after she opened a hot oven while wearing the nightgown.
The accident happened at a cottage at Greers Ferry Lake. Rossby had hiked about 15 miles that day and fell asleep while a frozen pizza was heating in her oven. In the morning, while making coffee, Rossby reached in the oven to retreive the pizza.
She testified that her right arm was on fire in an instant and that the nightgown burned off within seconds.
Rossby is suing the chain of lingerie stores for more than $10 million. She says the gown should have had a warning label.