APRIL 15, 2004 - Posted at 8:06 a.m. CDT
LITTLE ROCK, AR - An expert hired by Victoria's Secret testified that fire that burned an Arkansas nurse six years ago was sparked by a red T-shirt she wore, not one of the lingerie retailer's nightgowns she wore underneath it.
Clyde Canter, a chemist who specializes in fabric flammability, also testified Wednesday that the gown's lightweight cotton fabric passed a standard flammability test because it didn't ignite in one second when exposed to an open flame.
57-year-old Linda Rossby suffered second and third-degree burns over 40 percent of her body and she's suing the lingerie retailer for more than $10 million.
Lawyers in the federal trial in Little Rock could give closing arguments today.