Chardon gunman will be tried as an adult - KAIT-Jonesboro, AR-News, weather, sports

Chardon gunman will be tried as an adult

Posted: Updated:
TJ Lane - Chardon High School student gunman TJ Lane - Chardon High School student gunman
  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Boonville man lets buyer keep his stolen car

    Boonville man lets buyer keep his stolen car

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 6:58 PM EDT2014-04-16 22:58:17 GMT
    A Boonville resident had his car stolen recently and when he learned where the vehicle ended up, he didn't want it back.
    A Boonville resident had his car stolen recently and when he learned where the vehicle ended up, he didn't want it back.
  • Original victim files suit against OBGYN

    Original victim files suit against OBGYN

    Friday, April 18 2014 12:00 AM EDT2014-04-18 04:00:19 GMT
    PARAGOULD, AR (KAIT) - The Paragould OB/GYN accused of taking nude photos of some of his patients had his first court appearance Thursday. He was arrested Wednesday night at a Newport hotel. Dr. Paul
    The patient that brought all of this to the forefront has now filed civil suit against the doctor and explained in detail what Becton allegedly did to her during that exam that she said led up to him taking nude photos of her.
  • SW Drive opening after fire

    SW Drive opening after fire

    Friday, April 18 2014 9:37 AM EDT2014-04-18 13:37:46 GMT
    JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) – A portion of Southwest Drive is closed this morning as crews are work on a house fire. According to Jonesboro dispatch the home is vacant. Southwest Drive has been closed from
    Southwest Drive is opening up after crews battled a house fire.
GEAUGA COUNTY, OH (WOIO) -

The student gunman who admitted to fatally shooting three students and wounding two others at Chardon High School will be tried as an adult.

The decision was made during a morning hearing for T.J. Lane. 

During the hearing, Lane admitted to the shooting, and said he shot the victims in the head because he didn't want them to suffer. He said he had no idea how many people he shot. He also admitted to wearing a t-shirt to school that day that said "killer."

The deadly shootings occurred just before the start of classes on February 27 in the area of the High School's cafeteria.

Lane said he got the gun from his uncle's house the night before the rampage.

17-year-old Russell King, Jr., 16-year-old Daniel Parmertor and 16-year-old Demetrius Hewlin were killed. 17-year-old Nick Walczak and 18-year-old Joy Rickers have been released from the hospital. Nick's spinal cord was injured, and he is paralyzed from the waist down.

Lane is charged with three counts of aggravated murder, two counts of attempted aggravated murder and one count of felonious assault for the student snipped in the ear.

The 17-year-old was found competent to stand trial earlier this month.

Copyright 2012 WOIO. All rights reserved. 

Powered by WorldNow

472 Craighead Co. 766
Jonesboro, AR 72401
(870) 931-8888

FCC Public File
publicfile@kait8.com
(870) 336-1816
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KAIT. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.