Pocahontas fireworks cancelled - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Pocahontas fireworks cancelled

POCAHONTAS, AR (KAIT) – The Pocahontas annual fireworks display has been cancelled.

Pocahontas Fire Chief Scott Baltz previously said the fireworks display for the city would take place, and it was moved to the sports complex.

The display was set to fire off at 9pm.

Baltz told Region 8 News earlier this week, the complex allowed them to set off the fireworks in a safer environment. He said the fire department would also have extra equipment on had to make sure nothing gets out of hand.

Officials say because of the burn ban, fireworks are prohibited county wide.

Copyright 2012 KAIT. All rights reserved.

  • Region 8 News</span><a class="customMoreLink" href="/Global/category.asp?C=4391" target="_top">More >></a>Region 8 NewsMore>>

  • Slideshow: Craighead Co. Dec. 17-23 mug shots

    Slideshow: Craighead Co. Dec. 17-23 mug shots

    Sunday, December 17 2017 12:51 PM EST2017-12-17 17:51:04 GMT
    Sunday, December 17 2017 7:16 PM EST2017-12-18 00:16:50 GMT
    (Source: Raycom Media)(Source: Raycom Media)

    A photo gallery of mug shots from the Craighead County Sheriff's Office.

    A photo gallery of mug shots from the Craighead County Sheriff's Office.

  • breaking

    ASP to investigate officer involved shooting

    ASP to investigate officer involved shooting

    Saturday, December 16 2017 9:57 PM EST2017-12-17 02:57:14 GMT
    Sunday, December 17 2017 6:22 PM EST2017-12-17 23:22:20 GMT
    Arkansas State Police investigators are looking into an officer involved shooting Saturday night. (Source: KAIT)Arkansas State Police investigators are looking into an officer involved shooting Saturday night. (Source: KAIT)

    An officer-involved shooting Saturday night in Independence County will be investigated by the Arkansas State Police, officials said Sunday morning. 

    An officer-involved shooting Saturday night in Independence County will be investigated by the Arkansas State Police, officials said Sunday morning. 

  • Body recovered from Mississippi River tugboat sinking

    Body recovered from Mississippi River tugboat sinking

    Sunday, December 17 2017 5:24 PM EST2017-12-17 22:24:28 GMT
    Keith Pigram and his stepson Anquavioius Newson (Source: Family)Keith Pigram and his stepson Anquavioius Newson (Source: Family)

    The body of one of the two missing men from a tugboat accident has been recovered from the Mississippi River, according to a spokesperson for Wepfer Marine. 

    The body of one of the two missing men from a tugboat accident has been recovered from the Mississippi River, according to a spokesperson for Wepfer Marine. 

Powered by Frankly