Propane tank to blame in Bono explosion - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Propane tank to blame in Bono explosion

BONO, AR (KAIT) – A leaky propane tank is to blame in an explosion that damaged a Bono home.

According to the Bono Fire Department, the homeowner was smoking a Boston butt for his holiday festivities when a leak in his propane tank caught fire and exploded early Thursday morning.

Firefighters said the explosion happened around 2:30 near the intersection of Tommy Dr. and Leonard Dr. and said part of the house was on fire when they arrived.

Everyone was able to get outside of the home safely.

The fire is listed as an accident.

Copyright 2012 KAIT. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by Frankly