Private Contractors to Take Over State Program for Criminally Insane - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Little Rock, AR

Private Contractors to Take Over State Program for Criminally Insane

JUNE 4, 2004 - Posted at 7:59 a.m. CDT

 

LITTLE ROCK, AR - Workers from other state mental health facilities will operate a state program for the criminally insane when its private vendor's contract expires at the end of the year.

The announcement will slow the planned transfer of patients from the program at the State Hospital to a private center.  That transfer had been on a fast-track officials set just weeks ago when they decided the contract for the Arkansas Partnership Program would not be renewed.

Staff from the State Hospital and the Arkansas Health Center in Benton will take over operation of the Arkansas Partnership Program.  Officials acknowledged to legislators that remaining staff at those facilities would have to carry a heavier load and work longer hours to compensate.

(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)

  • Region 8 News</span><a class="customMoreLink" href="/Global/category.asp?C=4391" target="_top">More >></a>Region 8 NewsMore>>

  • Man injured in lawn mower accident, good Samaritans save his life

    Man injured in lawn mower accident, good Samaritans save his life

    Wednesday, July 19 2017 11:28 PM EDT2017-07-20 03:28:37 GMT
    Thursday, July 20 2017 6:34 AM EDT2017-07-20 10:34:18 GMT
    (Source: Jeff Cameron Facebook)(Source: Jeff Cameron Facebook)

    It was a freak accident that landed one Greene County Tech School District maintenance worker in the hospital. However, it wasn’t until after some good samaritans saved his life.

    It was a freak accident that landed one Greene County Tech School District maintenance worker in the hospital. However, it wasn’t until after some good samaritans saved his life.

  • Jonesboro building on historic register set for demolition

    Jonesboro building on historic register set for demolition

    Thursday, July 20 2017 6:27 AM EDT2017-07-20 10:27:47 GMT
    (Source: KAIT)(Source: KAIT)

    A 110-year-old Jonesboro building listed on the National Register of Historic Places is set for demolition after a judge dismissed an appeal of a condemnation order.

    A 110-year-old Jonesboro building listed on the National Register of Historic Places is set for demolition after a judge dismissed an appeal of a condemnation order.

  • Prosecutor: Manslaughter charges filed in June beating death

    Prosecutor: Manslaughter charges filed in June beating death

    Thursday, July 20 2017 6:22 AM EDT2017-07-20 10:22:57 GMT
    (Source: AP)(Source: AP)

    Prosecuting Attorney Henry Boyce says his office has filed charges against a Pocahontas man accused of beating another man with a bat. The victim later died from his injuries. 

    Prosecuting Attorney Henry Boyce says his office has filed charges against a Pocahontas man accused of beating another man with a bat. The victim later died from his injuries. 

Powered by Frankly