Just a quick reminder for many events coming up this weekend and into next week!
- Last week , we had a group of high school Thespians from Rector High who have been chosen to go to Scotland, representing America. They will be producing a play entitled "Endangered Species: Waking Up" on July 16 at 7:30 pm at the Rector High School. Donations will be accepted to help fund their Scotland trip. The video from their News at Five appearance is found here on kait8.com.
- St. Bernards Education Department is offering a 'Safe Sitter Program' for children age 11-13 to become the ultimate baby sitter! The course runs July 13, 14, & 15, with a minimal cost of $25. Call (870) 931-5055 to register. The video from News at Five segment featuring the St. Bernards Safe Sitter Program is also available here.
- This weekend, the Jonesboro 'Mr. Trophy Triathlon' featuring a 1/2 mile swim, 3-mile run, and 17-mile bike race in Craighead Forest Park. Awards and prizes will be presented following the USAT sanctioned event. All proceeds to the City Stars Youth program. For more info, contact Jeff or Ryan at the Parks and Recreation Dept. in Jonesboro at (870) 933-4604.
- Also this weekend, Furniture and Appliance Now and Bank of Trumann will sponsor a wrestling meet at the Trumann Recreation Center to benefit the Center in Trumann. 'Bell time' is Saturday, July 10th at 7:30 pm. We will have folks on News at Five from Trumann to tell us about this event on Thursday the 8th.
- Also News at Five Thursday, Crowley's Ridge Development Council will tell us about a new program that offers special funding to help people further their education or for housing purposes.
- CRDC has also kicked off their Supply Our Schools program. Click on the 'Supply Our Schools' link over in the right column for more information and a link to print an application form. Those of you using text-only email will need to click here to access the Supply Our Schools info link.
I would also like to express how much I appreciate the readers of the Jonesboro Sun, who voted me the 'Best of the Best' TV personality. I consider it a great honor from all my 'good neighbors' who read the Sun, and voted for me. Thank you each and every one!