From the Southeastern Conference
SEC FOOTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Games of Week 1 (Aug. 30 – Sept. 2)
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-0 • 218 • Jr. • Duncan, S.C.
• Making his first appearance since a season-ending knee injury last October, Lattimore rushed for a game-high 110 yards on 23 carries and a pair of touchdowns in South Carolina's 17-13 win at Vanderbilt.
• Lattimore also had a team-high three receptions for 21 yards.
• His 29-yard run in the first quarter gave the Gamecocks a 7-0 lead. His second score, a 1-yard run in the fourth quarter, put Carolina ahead to stay, 17-13.
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-1 • 199 • Jr. • Millbrook, Ala.
• Milliner totaled five tackles, four pass deflections and an interception in Alabama's 41-14 win against #8 Michigan in Arlington, Texas.
• His four pass deflections, all in the first half, were a career-high.
• He returned the interception 35 yards to the Michigan 17 yardline, which set up the Tide's third score to take a 21-0 lead.
• The Alabama defense forced three interceptions and limited the Wolverines to just 269 yards of total offense.
• For his efforts, Milliner was also named the Walter Camp National Defensive Player of the Week.
SEC SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Tailback / Punt Returner
5-9 • 185 • So. • DeSoto, Texas
• Murphy returned a pair of punts for touchdowns and accumulated 206 all-purpose yards in Missouri's 62-10 win against Southeastern Louisiana in Columbia.
• Murphy's TD returns were 70 and 72 yards and became the first Tiger to have two returns for scores in the same game.
• Murphy's two punt return TDs also ties an NCAA and SEC record. The last SEC player to accomplish the feat was Kentucky's Derek Abney in 2002.
• Murphy tallied 180 punt return yards (5 attempts) and 32 rushing yards on five carries in the game.
SEC OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-5 • 324 • Jr. • Homewood, Ill.
• Fulton started his 16th consecutive game at right guard and was a part of an offensive line that led Tennessee to a 35-21 win over N.C. State in Atlanta.
• The Tennessee offense generated 524 total offensive yards, the most since the second game of the 2011 season.
• The Vols also rushed for 191 yards against the Wolfpack, eclipsing the final totals from all but one game from last year.
• Tennessee allowed just one sack against N.C. State.
SEC Co-DEFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-3 • 233 • So. • Philadelphia, Miss.
• Johnson notched six tackles and a sack in helping Ole Miss defeat Central Arkansas, 49-27. With Ole Miss up just one score in the fourth quarter, Johnson's sack ended a UCA drive and provided momentum that resulted in three straight Rebel TD scoring drives.
6-3 • 251 • Jr. • Mount Ulla, N.C.
• Smith had six tackles, a sack and a quarterback pressure in Arkansas' 49-24 win against Jacksonville State. His sack came on a fourth-down play, giving possession back to the Hogs.
SEC Co-FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Tailback / Kickoff Returner
6-1 • 218 • Tarboro, N.C.
• Gurley accounted for 227 all-purpose yards, including 100 rushing yards and 2 TDs on eight carries and returned a kickoff 100 yards for a TD in Georgia's 45-23 win against Buffalo. He reached the end zone three times.
6-2 • 216 • Daphne, Ala.
• Yeldon led the Crimson Tide with 111 yards on 11 carries and a touchdown in Alabama's 41-14 win against Michigan. He became the first true freshman at Alabama to rush for more than 100 yards in his debut.
OTHER OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES FROM WEEK 1
OT D.J. FLUKER (Alabama) -- Graded out at 85 percent with three pancake blocks and no sacks allowed against Michigan.
QB TYLER WILSON (Arkansas) -- Completed 19-of-27 passes for 367 yards and three touchdowns against Jacksonville State.
PK CODY PARKEY (Auburn) -- Connected on all four of his field goal attempts, a career-high, against Clemson.
RB MIKE GILLISLEE (Florida) -- Rushed for 148 yards on 24 carries and two touchdowns against Bowling Green.
OT XAVIER NIXON (Florida) -- Had a team-high 93 percent grade, anchoring offensive line that tallied 365 yards of total offense, against Bowling Green.
QB AARON MURRAY (Georgia) -- Completed 15-of-26 passes for 258 yards and three touchdowns against Buffalo.
QB MAXWELL SMITH (Kentucky) -- Completed 35-of-50 passes for 280 yards and two TDs against Louisville.
RB KENNY HILLIARD (LSU) -- Rushed for career-high 141 yards and two TDs on 13 carries against North Texas.
RS/WR ODELL BECKHAM, Jr. (LSU) -- Returned punt 70 yards for a touchdown and tallied 131 all-purpose yards against North Texas.
QB BO WALLACE (Ole Miss) -- Set school debut total offense record with 346 yards, including 264 yards and two TDs through the air, against Central Arkansas.
LB MATT WELLS (Mississippi State) -- Had four total tackles, a sack, pass deflection and interception against Jackson State.
RB DERRICK MILTON (Mississippi State) -- Had eight carries for 65 yards and a touchdown against Jackson State.
TB KENDIAL LAWRENCE (Missouri) -- Rushed for a career-high 121 yards on just 10 carries and had two rushing touchdowns against Southeastern Louisiana.
OG A.J. CANN (South Carolina) -- Graded out at 87 percent with seven knockdown blocks and five pancake blocks against Vanderbilt.
WR CORDARRELLE PATTERSON (Tennessee) -- Scored two touchdowns, including a 41-yard reception and a 67-yard run, against N.C. State