JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) – Storms moving through the area and leaving debris and power lines down on the roads in Jonesboro and Region 8.
Here is what we know so far:
- The intersection of Caraway and Parker is closed. JPD is reporting power lines are down on 3 cars at that intersection.
- There are several reports of flooding in South Jonesboro.
- Traffic lights are out in some areas in Jonesboro. Those intersections without working traffic lights should be treated as 4-way stops.
- A tree is down at the intersection of Caraway and Wilkins blocking the roads in that area.
- Jonesboro Police is urging everyone to use extreme precautions while traveling tonight. They say if you don't have to be on the roads, stay indoors.
- According to Batesville Fire Chief Brent Gleghorn, Highway 167 is closed. Gleghorn tells Region 8 News that an air hanger has blown from the Batesville Airport onto Highway 167.
- Gleghorn says that they are trying to secure the scene. He says avoid this area.
- Craighead Electric Co-Op is reporting as many as 700+ are without power.
- Entergy is reporting around 46,000+ are without power in Arkansas.
To stay up to date while you're on the go, be sure to download the latest Region 8 News & the Region 8 StormTeam app's.
You can also track the storms as they move in, and zoom into your road by following along with our interactive radar.
The Region 8 Storm Team will continue to track the storms and break into programming when necessary.