From the Southeastern Conference
SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE FOOTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK (Games of Sept. 15)
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-4 • 237 • So. • Oviedo, Fla.
• Driskel completed 14-of-20 passes for 219 yards and two touchdowns and rushed for 81 yards in Florida's 37-20 win at Tennessee.
• He accounted for 300 of Florida's 555 total offensive yards, the most for the Gators in an SEC game since 2001.
• Driskel led the Gators to 27 second-half points, throwing both of his touchdowns in the second half, to overcome a 14-10 halftime deficit.
• His TD passes were for 23 and 75 yards and also had a season-long 28 yard rush against the Vols.
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-0 • 210 • Sr. • Fayetteville, N.C.
• Walker made two plays at the goal line late in the game to preserve Missouri's 24-20 win over Arizona State.
• With 3:36 left in the 4th quarter and on a 4th-and-goal for Arizona State at the MU 3-yardline, Walker deflected a Sun Devil pass to stop a potential ASU scoring drive.
• On its next defensive stand, with 1:58 left in the game, Walker intercepted a Sun Devil pass on a 3rd-and-9 play at the MU 20-yardline, and returned it 49 yards to seal the Tiger victory.
• Walker ended the game with two tackles with an interception and pass deflection.
SEC SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-0 • 194 • Jr. • Jupiter, Fla.
• Parkey's 35 yard field goal in overtime gave Auburn a 31-28 win against Louisiana-Monroe.
• Parkey hit all four of his point-after-touchdown attempts in the game, accounting for seven points in the contest.
• The average starting field position for the Warhawks four possessions on Parkey kickoffs was its own 15-yardline, which included one touchback.
• For the season, Parkey has hit all six field goal attempts and all six of his point-after-touchdown tries. He has made eight straight field goals, dating back to last season.
SEC OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-3 • 320 • Sr. • Atlanta, Ga.
• Warmack led an Alabama offensive line that totaled 438 total yards (225 rushing and 213 passing) in the Tide's 52-0 win at Arkansas.
• He posted the offensive line's highest grade at 91 percent with no pressures, no sacks allowed and no penalties.
• Alabama's offensive line did not allow a sack in the game and did not have a turnover.
• Alabama's offense averaged 5.0 yards per rush and 6.7 yards per play against the Razorbacks.
SEC DEFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-6 • 256 • So. • Rock Hill, S.C.
• Clowney was credited with seven tackles, including 3.5 for losses for minus 17 yards with two sacks, in South Carolina's 49-6 win over UAB.
• The Gamecock defense held the Blazers to just 89 second-half yards and just 27 rushing yards on 42 carries. South Carolina's defense sacked UAB quarterbacks six times in the contest.
• Only four of UAB's 15 offensive drvies were more than six plays with the Gamecock defense holding UAB to five three-downs-and-out.
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
6-1 • 200 • Kerrville, Texas
• Manziel completed 20-of-36 passes for 294 yards with four touchdowns and no interceptions and rushed for 124 yards and two touchdowns in Texas A&M's 48-3 win at SMU.
• Manziel set A&M freshman record for passing yards and tied freshman mark for touchdown passes against the Mustangs.
• His 418 total offensive yards and six touchdown responsibility (4 pass & 2 rush) are the most in the SEC this season.
OTHER OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES FROM WEEK 3
LB ADRIAN HUBBARD (Alabama) -- Had three tackles with two for losses, including a sack, against Arkansas.
SAF ROHAN GAINES (Arkansas) -- Led Razorbacks with 11 total tackles (8 solos) against Alabama.
RB ONTERIO McCALEBB (Auburn) -- Had 11 carries for 128 yards and a touchdown and two catches for six yards against Louisiana-Monroe.
BUCK LERENTEE McCRAY (Florida) -- Had two tackles, two QB pressures and an interception against Tennessee.
QB AARON MURRAY (Georgia) -- Completed 14-of-19 passes for a career-high 342 yards adn two touchdowns and also scored two rushing touchdowns against Florida Atlantic.
ILB AMARLO HERRERA (Georgia) -- Had seven stops and an interception return for a touchdown against FLorida Atlantic.
WR La'ROD KING (Kentucky) -- Caught team-high 10 passes for 84 yards against Western Kentucky.
QB ZACH METTENBERGER (LSU) -- Completed 17-of-22 passes for 222 yards and two TDs against Idaho.
SAF RONALD MARTIN (LSU) -- Had two interceptions, returning one for a TD, and five tackles against Idaho.
WR DONTE MONCRIEF (Ole Miss) -- Posted a career-high 144 receiving yards on seven catches and a touchdown against Texas.
WR CHAD BUMPHIS (Mississippi State) -- Caught six passes for 180 yards and three touchdowns against Troy.
DB DARIUS SLAY (Mississippi State) -- Had six tackles, two interceptions and a fumble recovery, against Troy.
DT SHELDON RICHARDSON (Missouri) -- Had career-high 9 tackles with 1.5 for losses including a half-sack and a QB pressure against Arizona State.
FS D.J. SWEARINGER (South Carolina) -- Had three tackles, a pass deflection and returned a fumble 65 yards for a touchdown against UAB.
DE DAMONTRE MOORE (Texas A&M) -- Totaled six tackles with two sacks, two QB pressures and one pass deflection against SMU.
LB A.J. JOHNSON (Tennessee) -- Had team-high 11 tackles with one for a loss and two QB pressures to go along with a TD run while playing offense against Florida.
RB ZAC STACY (Vanderbilt) -- Rushed for 174 yards on eight carries and a touchdown against Presbyterian.