From the Southeastern Conference
* - Researched through the 1980 season, the SEC has had a pair of Associated Press top 10 matchups in a single weekend twice – this weekend with #5 Georgia visiting #6 South Carolina and #10 Florida hosting #4 LSU. Last year, in Week 10, #1 LSU visited #2 Alabama and #8 Arkansas hosted #10 South Carolina.
* - There are four SEC teams among the 10 longest active streaks of being ranked in the Associated Press poll. Alabama has the longest active streak at 71 weeks followed by LSU at 54 weeks in second. South Carolina is tied for fifth (with Stanford) at 37 straight weeks and Georgia is ninth at 15 straight weeks.
* - Alabama and LSU are tied for the longest active streak of being ranked in the top 5 of the AP Top 25 poll at 22 weeks each. Georgia is fifth at three weeks.
* - Alabama and LSU are tied for the longest active streak of being ranked in the top 10 of the AP Top 25 poll at 23 weeks each. South Carolina is fourth at 8 weeks and Georgia tied for fifth (with Florida State) at 6 weeks.
* - On offense, the SEC teams run the ball 56.0 percent of the time, which is the third highest percentage of all FBS conferences. The Mountain West runs the ball 59.6 percent of the time while the Big Ten is at 56.6 percent. In the SEC, teams run the ball an average of 38.1 times per game and pass the ball 29.9 times per game.
* - SEC teams are scoring an average of 33.2 points per game, which is third among all FBS conferences. The Big 12 leads the nation at 41.0 points per game and the ACC is second at 33.9 points per game. Last year, the SEC scored at an average of 27.3 points per game, which was the lowest since 2008 (25.6 points per game). After 5 weeks last season, SEC teams were scoring at a 31.2 points per game clip.
* - SEC defenses are allowing an average of 20.86 points per game, which is third among all FBS conferences. The Big Ten leads the nation at 19.84 points per game and the Big East is second at 20.33 points per game. Last year, the SEC defenses gave up an average of 20.7 points per game, which was the lowest since 2008 (20.5). After 5 weeks last season, SEC teams were giving up an average of 20.0 points per game.
* - In non-conference games this season, SEC defenses are allowing 17.03 points per game.
* - Former SEC Players in the NFL:
Former Georgia WR A.J. Green (Bengals) leads the AFC in receptions with 27
Former Tennessee RB Arian Foster (Texans) leads the NFL in scoring with 30 points
Former LSU RB Stevan Ridley (Patriots) leads the NFL in first downs with 30
Former Florida WR/RS Percy Harvin (Vikings) leads the NFL in kickoff returns, averaging 38.3 yards per return
Former Georgia DB Tim Jennings (Bears) leads the NFL in interceptions with 4
Former Auburn DB Carlos Rogers (49ers) leads the NFL in defensive fumble recoveries with 3
* - Five SEC teams average less than two minutes per offensive drive – Arkansas (1:48), Georgia (1:58), Kentucky (1:55), Ole Miss (1:58) and Texas A&M (1:58). Georgia leads the SEC in total drives per game (14.8 / 74 in five games) and has scored a league-high tying 13 times in drives under two minutes (also: South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas A&M). Georgia is eighth in the SEC in time of possession, averaging 29:05 minutes per game.
* - Arkansas' Dennis Johnson became the SEC career record holder for kickoff return yardage last week. In his career, he has 2,755 yards (on 115 returns), which surpassed Brandon James of Florida's total of 2,718 yards (112 returns).
* - The SEC has two quarterbacks among the top four in career touchdowns thrown per game (min. 20 games played). Take a look at how Tennessee's Tyler Bray and Georgia's Aaron Murray stand in this category:
Career TDs Thrown per Game
Landry Jones, Oklahoma 2.33 (98 in 42)
Tyler Bray, Tennessee 2.33 (49 in 21)
Matt Barkley, Southern California 2.30 (92 in 40)
Aaron Murray, Georgia 2.22 (71 in 32)
Geno Smith, West Virginia 2.17 (76 in 35)
Seth Doege, Texas Tech 2.05 (45 in 22)
Arkansas at Auburn (11 a.m. CT / ESPN2)
Auburn holds an 11-9-1 advantage in the series … Teams have split the last 10 meetings with Arkansas winning four of the last six matchups … Auburn is tied for 4th in the nation in kickoff returns with Onterio McCalebb third in the nation … Tiger LB Daren Bates leads the SEC and is tied for fifth in the nation in tackles per game … Arkansas WR Cobi Hamilton is 9th in the nation in receiving yards per game and Dylan Breeding is ninth in the nation in punting … Arkansas ran 98 plays on offense at Texas A&M last week, the most by an SEC team since 2007 and tied for the 9th-highest single-game total in SEC history.
Mississippi State at Kentucky (12:21 p.m. ET / SEC Network)
Wildcats lead series with Bulldogs, 21-18 … UK leads 13-7 in games played in Lexington … State making trip to Lexington in back-to-back years (State won, 28-16, last year) … Wildcats made trip to Starkville in back-to-back years in 2001 and 2002 … State has scored 144 points through first four games, which is the most by a Bulldog team since 1994 … Bulldogs lead nation in turnover margin (3.25 margin) and interceptions per game (2.25) … MSU's Darius Slay leads nation in interceptions and teammate Johnthan Banks is 6th .. Wildcats' Avery Williamson is tied for 19th in the nation in tackles per game.
LSU at Florida (3:30 p.m. ET / CBS Sports)
Battle of undefeated and top 10 ranked teams … LSU is 3rd in USA Today and 4th in AP while Florida is 10th in AP and 11th in USA Today … Florida leads series with LSU, 30-25-3 … The teams have met every year since 1971 … Since 2000, teams have split the last 12 meetings … LSU has won the last two meetings, 41-11 last year at LSU, and 33-29, in 2010 at the Swamp … Florida's last win over LSU came in 2009 at Tiger Stadium (13-3), which is the last loss by LSU at home … Gators are 5th in the nation in pass efficiency defense and 10th in scoring defense … Florida and LSU's special teams excel – Gators' Caleb Sturgis is tied for 5th in the nation in field goals and Kyle Christy is 10th in punting; Tigers' Brad Wing is 13th in the nation in punting
Vanderbilt at Missouri (6 p.m. CT / FSN)
Tigers lead series, 2-1-1 … First meeting between the two schools since 1958 (Vandy, 12-8) … The game was the first game at Missouri for then-head coach Dan Devine … Vanderbilt's Zac Stacy has 2,343 career rushing yards, which is third in school history … His 21 career rushing TDs is fourth in school history … The Tigers, behind Marcus Murphy, are 4th in the nation in punt returns with Murphy 7th … Missouri is also tied for 9th in the nation in tackles for loss per game … Vandy is 8th in the nation in pass defense and Carey Spear is tied for fifth in the nation in field goals per game … Vandy is one of four teams (Florida, Miss. State and Texas A&M) to lead SEC this season in least amount of passing TDs allowed (2).
Texas A&M at Ole Miss (6 p.m. CT / ESPNU)
Aggies lead series with Rebels, 4-0 … SEC home opener for the Rebels … A&M is third team from state of Texas to play at Ole Miss this season … Rebs looking to break 7-game loss streak in SEC home openers (last win vs. Vanderbilt in 2004) … Texas A&M leads nation in net punting … Aggie DE Damontre Moore is second in the nation in tackles for loss per game and tied for second in sacks per game … Texas A&M and Ole Miss are tied for 3rd in SEC with 13 rushing TDs this season (19-UGA; 16-LSU) … A&M is tied for SEC lead in least TDs allowed (5 with Alabama and South Carolina).
Georgia at South Carolina (7 p.m. ET / ESPN)
Battle of two top six teams in the nation (Georgia 5th / South Carolina 6th in both polls) … For the first time in the Georgia-South Carolina series, both teams are ranked in the top 10 coming into the matchup … Georgia leads series, 46-16-2, and 19-8-2 in games played at Williams-Brice Stadium in Columbia … The Gamecocks have won the last two meetings … USC head coach Steve Spurrier is 14-5 lifetime against Georgia while UGA head coach Mark Richt is 7-4 against South Carolina … The Gamecocks have won nine straight games (Florida, Citadel, Clemson, Nebraska, Vanderbilt, East Carolina, UAB, Missouri, Kentucky) dating back to last season. It matches the longest winning streak in school history, set in 1984 … The Bulldogs are second in the nation in passing efficiency, 8th in scoring offense, 11th in rushing offense and 11th in total offense … UGA QB Aaron Murray is 3rd in the nation in passing efficiency while freshman TB Todd Gurley is 5th in kickoff returns, tied for 6th in scoring and tied for 19th in rushing and all-purpose rushing … The Gamecocks are second in the nation in sacks, 6th in scoring defense, 7th in rushing defense, 8th in passing efficiency and tied for 9th in tackles for loss … Carolina QB Connor Shaw is 10th in the nation in passing efficiency and DE Jadeveon Clowney is tied for 12th in tackles for loss and tied for 18th in sacks.