Mother, son escape early morning house fire - KAIT-Jonesboro, AR-News, weather, sports

Mother, son escape early morning house fire

Posted: Updated:
According to Dexter Fire Department Chief, Don Seymore, they got the call to the home on Adams drive around 4:30 a.m. According to Dexter Fire Department Chief, Don Seymore, they got the call to the home on Adams drive around 4:30 a.m.
Fire crews fought a house fire early Thursday morning in Dexter. Fire crews fought a house fire early Thursday morning in Dexter.
Chief Seymore says a mother and her adult son were home when the fire started. Chief Seymore says a mother and her adult son were home when the fire started.
Fire crews fought a house fire early Thursday morning in Dexter. Fire crews fought a house fire early Thursday morning in Dexter.
  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Original victim files suit against OBGYN

    Original victim files suit against OBGYN

    Friday, April 18 2014 12:00 AM EDT2014-04-18 04:00:19 GMT
    PARAGOULD, AR (KAIT) - The Paragould OB/GYN accused of taking nude photos of some of his patients had his first court appearance Thursday. He was arrested Wednesday night at a Newport hotel. Dr. Paul
    The patient that brought all of this to the forefront has now filed civil suit against the doctor and explained in detail what Becton allegedly did to her during that exam that she said led up to him taking nude photos of her.
  • NEW: Malpractice suits dismissed against arrested doctor

    NEW: Malpractice suits dismissed against arrested doctor

    Friday, April 18 2014 2:18 PM EDT2014-04-18 18:18:42 GMT
    JONESBORO, AR  (KAIT) – A Paragould doctor accused of taking nude photographs of at least one patient is due in court again on May 30, but more information is coming to light after his arrest. Dr. Paul
    A Paragould doctor accused of taking nude photographs of at least one patient is due in court again on May 30, but more information is coming to light after his arrest.
  • Fire burns vacant home in SW Jonesboro

    Fire burns vacant home in SW Jonesboro

    Friday, April 18 2014 12:34 PM EDT2014-04-18 16:34:25 GMT
    JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) – A portion of Southwest Drive is closed this morning as crews are work on a house fire. According to Jonesboro dispatch the home is vacant. Southwest Drive has been closed from
    Southwest Drive was closed during the morning rush Friday after crews battled a house fire.
DEXTER, MO (KFVS) -

Fire crews fought a house fire early Thursday morning in Dexter. 

According to Dexter Fire Department Chief Don Seymore, they got the call to the home on Adams drive around 4:30 a.m. He says the fire was likely started by a space heater.

Chief Seymore says a mother and her adult son were home when the fire started.

They got out of the house and the woman went to a neighbor's house to call 911.

Chief Seymore say the man, in his 50s, was airlifted to a St. Louis hospital with 2nd and 3rd degree burns. 

He reportedly suffered those burns while trying to put out the fire with a garden hose. No word on his condition Thursday afternoon.

The woman, in her 70s, was taken to a Dexter hospital for smoke inhalation.  Fire crews were still on the scene at 6 a.m. She was released from the hospital Thursday morning.

The home is heavily damaged. Chief Seymore says the fire started in a bedroom.

"About 4:30 this morning, we received a call to a dwelling on Adams Drive," said Chief Seymore. "We arrived on Adams Drive on the north end of the house, flames were visible throughout the roof."

The Dexter fire department is investigating.

Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

472 Craighead Co. 766
Jonesboro, AR 72401
(870) 931-8888

FCC Public File
publicfile@kait8.com
(870) 336-1816
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KAIT. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.