JONESBORO, AR (KAIT)- Workers were evacuated at the Unilever plant on Highway 18 earlier Friday evening.
The Jonesboro Fire Department was called out to the plant around 4:38 p.m. after workers inhaled soap vapors from a cleaning solution.
Jonesboro Fire Department Battalion Chief Mike Stallings tells Region 8 News that workers were flushing a pipe line with a cleaning solution when the soap vapors escaped and seeped through the floor panels. Some workers inhaled the vapors which irritated their breathing.
Unilever officials then had all workers evacuate the building.
Chief Stallings tells us that all readings by hazmat crews deemed the building to be safe to re-occupy. He says they don't expect any further issues.