Alcohol and cigarette to blame for Tuesday night fire - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Alcohol and cigarette to blame for Tuesday night fire

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) – Fire investigators say too much alcohol and a lit cigarette is to blame for a house fire Tuesday night in Jonesboro.

According to Jonesboro Fire Department, a mother and son fell asleep while drinking at a home in the 300 block of Miller Street, and one of them had a lit cigarette in their hand.

Fire investigators say that set the couch on fire.

The report states the son put the fire out, but it later re-ignited.

The mother and son escaped the home unharmed.

Copyright 2012 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly