From the Southeastern Conference
SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE FOOTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK (Games of Nov. 10, 2012)
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER AND FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
6-1 • 200 • Fr. • Kerrville, Texas
• Manziel generated 345 total yards to lead Texas A&M to a 29-24 win over top-ranked Alabama. He completed 24-of-31 passes for 253 yards and two touchdowns, while adding 92 rushing yards on 18 carries.
• With the game, Manziel became the second freshman in NCAA FBS history to rush for 1,000 yards and pass for 2,000 yards in a single-season (Brad Smith, Missouri, 2002).
• Manziel did not have a turnover against an Alabama team that was fourth in the nation in turnover margin.
• The Aggies were 11-of-18 on third down conversions against Alabama.
SEC Co-DEFENSIVE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
6-0 • 210 • Sr. • Greenwood, S.C.
• Swearinger totaled a career-best 13 tackles (10 solos), including one for a loss, and added an interception and quarterback pressure in South Carolina's 38-20 win over Arkansas.
• He returned the interception 69 yards for a touchdown to put Carolina ahead, 31-10.
6-2 • 205 • Jr. • Aldine, Texas
• Loston had six total tackles and returned an interception 100 yards for a touchdown in LSU's 37-17 win over Mississippi State.
• Loston's interception return, which tied an LSU, SEC and NCAA record for longest, gave Tigers the final margin.
SEC Co-SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
6-2 • 215 • Sr. • Lee's Summit, Mo.
• Baggett's 35 yard field goal in the fourth overtime gave Missouri a 51-48 win over Tennessee.
• It was Baggett's first ever attempt at a game-winning field goal in his career. He also hit 6-of-6 PAT tries against the Vols.
6-1 • 189 • So. • Pensacola, Fla.
• Purifoy blocked a punt with two seconds left against Louisiana-Lafayette that led to a touchdown and a 27-20 Florida victory. Purifoy's block was returned by Jelani Jenkins 36 yards for the game-winning score.
• He had five tackles and a pass deflection against ULL. The blocked punt was the second of the year for Purifoy.
SEC OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-2 • 295 • So. • Johns Creek, Ga.
• Andrews graded out at 88 percent after registering six "dominator" blocks and three knockdowns during Georgia's 38-0 win at Auburn.
• He anchored an offensive linethat allowed QB Aaron Murray to be sacked only once as the Bulldogs racked up 497 total yards on offense, including a pair of 100-yard rushers.
• Andrews has taken the starting role this season after Ben Jones was Georgia's starting center the last four years.
SEC DEFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-5 • 250 • Jr. • Birmingham, Ala.
• May set career highs with six solo tackles, with three for losses, in Vanderbilt's 27-26 comeback win at Ole Miss.
• May also had a 14-yard quarterback sack and a quarterback pressure against the Rebels.
• The Commodores amassed 14 tackles for loss and three sacks in the win.
OTHER OUTSTANDING PERFORMERS FROM WEEK 11
LB C.J. MOSLEY (Alabama) -- Had game-high 14 tackles (9 solos) and a quarterback sack against Texas A&M.
QB TYLER WILSON (Arkansas) -- Completed 26-of-41 passes for 277 yards with two touchdowns against South Carolina.
WR EMORY BLAKE (Auburn) -- Caught game-high six passes for 104 yards against Georgia.
LB JELANI JENKINS (Florida) -- Returned blocked punt 36 yards for game-winning touchdown and had seven stops against Louisiana-Lafayette.
QB AARON MURRAY (Georgia) -- Completed 18-of-24 passes for 208 yards and three touchdowns against Auburn.
TB TODD GURLEY (Georgia) -- Rushed for 116 yards and a touchdown and had a 10-yard reception against Auburn.
QB ZACH METTENBERGER (LSU) -- Completed 19-of-30 passes for 273 yards and two touchdowns against Mississippi State.
QB BO WALLACE (Ole Miss) -- Completed 31-of-49 passes for 403 yards with a touchdown against Vanderbilt.
QB TYLER RUSSELL (Mississippi State) -- Completed 26-of-38 passes for 295 yards with a touchdown against LSU.
QB JAMES FRANKLIN (Missouri) -- Completed 19-of-32 passes for 226 yards and a career-high four touchdowns against Tennessee.
QB CONNOR SHAW (South Carolina) -- Completed 14-of-22 passes for 272 yards with two touchdowns and rushed for another score against Arkansas.
QB TYLER BRAY (Tennessee) -- Completed 37-of-54 passes for 404 yards and four touchdowns against Missouri.
LB SEAN PORTER (Texas A&M) -- Had seven tackles and an interception against Alabama.
QB JORDAN RODGERS (Vanderbilt) –Led Commodores to 21 second-half points, going 21-of-36 for 279 yards and two touchdowns.
WR JORDAN MATTHEWS (Vanderbilt) -- Had nine catches for 153 yards and a touchdown against Ole Miss.