Cooking fire leaves man burned over 80-90% of his body - KAIT-Jonesboro, AR-News, weather, sports

Cooking fire leaves man burned over 80-90% of his body

Posted: Updated:
  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • High school senior kicked out of prom for wearing pants

    High school senior kicked out of prom for wearing pants

    Tuesday, April 22 2014 12:27 PM EDT2014-04-22 16:27:58 GMT
    According to a senior at Cherryville High School, a pair of her red skinny jeans got her kicked out of her Senior Prom and has started a bit of a controversy at the school since. "In a way it's kind of
    According to a senior at Cherryville High School, a pair of her red skinny jeans got her kicked out of her Senior Prom and has started a bit of a controversy at the school since.
  • Residents react to missing machete man

    Residents react to missing machete man

    Tuesday, April 22 2014 8:39 PM EDT2014-04-23 00:39:51 GMT
    POCAHONTAS, AR (KAIT) - Police are still searching for a possibly armed suspect, 26-year-old Jeffrey Wegener. Wegener stole an Oregon County Sheriff Department deputy's truck Sunday night and drove it
    POCAHONTAS, AR (KAIT) - Police are still searching for a possibly armed suspect, 26-year-old Jeffrey Wegener. Wegener stole an Oregon County Sheriff Department deputy's truck Sunday night and drove it
  • Update: Memorial fund established for drowning victim

    Update: Memorial fund established for drowning victim

    Tuesday, April 22 2014 10:04 AM EDT2014-04-22 14:04:52 GMT
    JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) – A memorial fund has been created for an 11-year-old girl who died after she became trapped beneath a pipe in a water-filled ditch for 20 minutes.
    Kyria Seymour of Jonesboro died Saturday, April 19, at LeBonheur Children's Hospital in Memphis, TN. A memorial fund has been created for an 11-year-old girl who died after she became trapped beneath a pipe in a water-filled ditch for 20 minutes.

NEWPORT, AR (KAIT) – A home owner was burned over 80-90% if his body in an early morning fire in Newport.

According to Newport Fire Chief Alan Gansz, the home owner was cooking in the kitchen when he fell asleep. The homeowner received second and third degree burns to over 80-90% of his body.

He was taken to a Little Rock hospital. His condition is unknown at this time.

Police say around 4:30 Friday morning, a call came into dispatch about a house being on fire in the 1400 block of Dill Street.

When fire crews arrived on scene, the home was completely covered with flames. Firefighters were able to get the fire contained in about 30 minutes.

Region 8 News will continue to track this story and bring you more details as soon as they're available.

Copyright 2012 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

472 Craighead Co. 766
Jonesboro, AR 72401
(870) 931-8888

FCC Public File
publicfile@kait8.com
(870) 336-1816
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KAIT. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.