Cooking fire leaves man burned over 80-90% of his body - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Cooking fire leaves man burned over 80-90% of his body

NEWPORT, AR (KAIT) – A home owner was burned over 80-90% if his body in an early morning fire in Newport.

According to Newport Fire Chief Alan Gansz, the home owner was cooking in the kitchen when he fell asleep. The homeowner received second and third degree burns to over 80-90% of his body.

He was taken to a Little Rock hospital. His condition is unknown at this time.

Police say around 4:30 Friday morning, a call came into dispatch about a house being on fire in the 1400 block of Dill Street.

When fire crews arrived on scene, the home was completely covered with flames. Firefighters were able to get the fire contained in about 30 minutes.

Region 8 News will continue to track this story and bring you more details as soon as they're available.

Copyright 2012 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly