GAME 11: ASU (3-7) vs Nicholls State (7-2)
• This season will mark the 39th for women's basketball at Arkansas State.
• Brian Boyer is 102-95 all-time against non-conference opponents.
• This will be the second meeting all-time between the Red Wolves and Colonels, with Arkansas
State holding a 1-0 all-time series lead.
• ASU is in the midst of grueling stretch in which it will play four games in seven days.
• ASU won its second straight home contest with a 75-44 victory on Dec. 17. The 31-point
victory was the largest since A-State defeated Northern Arizona by the same total during the
• Q McDowell has moved into 13th place on ASU's all-time steals list with 154 for her career.
• Freshman guard Jalen O'Bannon made the first start of her career against Austin Peay.
• Sophomore Hanna Qeden set career highs in points (12), blocks (3) and steals (3) in the
victory over Austin Peay on Dec. 17.
• Q McDowell has started in 85 straight games.
• A-State has knocked down a 3-pointer in 99 straight games.
• ASU traveled over 5,700 miles in its first five road games this season.
• Freshman guard Jalen O'Bannon scored a career-high 12 points against FIU on Nov. 29,
scoring in double-digits for the first time in her career.
• Jane Morrill recorded her second career double-double with 23 points and 11 rebounds
against Southeast Missouri State.
• Junior Jane Morrill was voted a second-team SBC All-Conference selection after leading ASU
in both scoring and rebounding last season.
• The Red Wolves return four of five starters from last season, inlcuding Ashley Olvera,
Quinishia McDowell, Andi Watson and Jane Morrill.
• ASU is in its 19th season of competition in the Sun Belt Conference.
• Brian Boyer is in his 14th season as the head coach of the ASU women's basketball team.
He is the only coach in ASU history (men's or women's) to win 200 games and is the school's
all-time winningest basketball coach.
• Junior forward Jane Morrill was selected as a first-team All-Sun Belt Conference selection by
College Sports Maddness.
• Seven of ASU's 15 players are from the state of Arkansas. The list includes Hanna Qedan, Andi
Watson, Jessica Flanery, Sandy Jackson, Xena King, Lindsey Killough and Brittney Gill.
• Sonja Tate joined the ASU coaching staff over the summer, returning to ASU where she played
from 1990-93. She still holds records in six statistical categories at ASU.
• The Red Wolves have all-time record of 190-130 against league teams.
ASU/NICHOLLS STATE HISTORY
• This will be just the second meeting all-time between ASU and Nicholls State with the Red
Wolves holding a 1-0 all-time series lead.
• The last meeting occurred during the 1989-1990 season at the American Airlines Classic in El
Paso, Texas. ASU won the game 73-43.
• This will be Brian Boyer's first meeting against Nicholls State as a head coach.
SCOUTING THE COLONELS
• The Colonels enter the game with a 7-2 record after defeating Alabama State 57-46 on Dec. 13.
• Alisha Allen is the team's leading scorer with 14.1 points per game, while KK Babin is averaging
12.9 points per contest.
• Jasmine Scott is the team's leading rebounder with 6.2 boards per night.
• Nicholls State has had the same starting lineup in all nine of its games this season. Alisha Allen,
KK Babin, LiAnn McCarthy, Jenny Nash and JonMarie Guillory have all been the regular starters.
• This will be Nicholls State third game against an SBC school this season. The Colonels defeated
Louisiana-Monroe and Louisiana-Lafayette in back-to-back games in November. The Warhawks
fell 85-60 in Thibodaux, La., while the Ragin' Cajuns lost 71-62.
• DoBee Plaisance is in her sixth season as head coach of the Colonels and has a 36-88 record at
WINNING AND WINNING BIG
• ASU's 31-point victory over Austin Peay was its largest margin of victory over an opponent since
the 2008-09 season when it defeated Northern Arizona 71-40.
• The last time ASU defeated an opponent by a larger margin was the 2006-07 when it defeated
Arkansas-Pine Bluff 87-55 for a 32 point victory.
• Sophomore Hanna Qedan had a career night against Austin Peay on Dec. 17. She set career
highs in points (12), blocks (3) and steals (3).
• She set a career-high with seven rebounds against Florida Atlantic on Dec. 1 and was one
rebound away from tying that career against Austin Peay.
• She is currently third on the team in rebounding average with 3.9 per night.
• She knocked down a career-high three, 3-pointers against Wichita State.
• Freshman forward Jessica Flanery has made the most of her limited opportunities this season.
She is averaging just 3.3 minutes in for games this season, but has drained four 3-pointers on
• She drained three, 3-pointers against Austin Peay on 3-of-4 shooting for a career-high nine
HITTING THE BOARDS
• Junior sophomore Carlisha Wyatt pulled down a career high 14 rebounds against Austin Peay.
• She is second on the team with 6.0 rebounds per night.