Bill's BBQ in Kennett suffers extensive damage - KAIT-Jonesboro, AR-News, weather, sports

Bill's BBQ in Kennett suffers extensive damage

Posted: Updated:
  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Gigi's Cupcakes coming to Jonesboro

    Gigi's Cupcakes coming to Jonesboro

    Tuesday, April 22 2014 11:31 AM EDT2014-04-22 15:31:11 GMT
    JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) – Haag Brown Commercial Real Estate and Development made a "sweet" announcement Tuesday: Gigi's Cupcakes is coming to Jonesboro. "Gigi's is to cupcakes like Starbucks is to coffee,"
    Haag Brown Commercial Real Estate and Development made a "sweet" announcement Tuesday:  Gigi's Cupcakes is coming to Jonesboro.
  • Man, daughter injured in one-vehicle crash

    Man, daughter injured in one-vehicle crash

    Tuesday, April 22 2014 1:50 PM EDT2014-04-22 17:50:51 GMT
    JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) – A one-vehicle crash Tuesday afternoon sent a Region 8 man and his 2-year-old daughter to a local hospital. The crash happened around noon at the intersection of Aggie and Red Wolf
    A one-vehicle crash Tuesday afternoon sent a Region 8 man and his 2-year-old daughter to a local hospital. The crash happened around noon at the intersection of Aggie and Red Wolf Boulevard.
  • Update: Memorial fund established for drowning victim

    Update: Memorial fund established for drowning victim

    Tuesday, April 22 2014 10:04 AM EDT2014-04-22 14:04:52 GMT
    JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) – A memorial fund has been created for an 11-year-old girl who died after she became trapped beneath a pipe in a water-filled ditch for 20 minutes.
    Kyria Seymour of Jonesboro died Saturday, April 19, at LeBonheur Children's Hospital in Memphis, TN. A memorial fund has been created for an 11-year-old girl who died after she became trapped beneath a pipe in a water-filled ditch for 20 minutes.

KENNETT, MO (KAIT) - Bill's BBQ in Kennett suffered extensive damage Friday after a fire tore through the building. 

According to the Kennett Fire Department, a BBQ pit in the back of the restaurant overheated and caught grease on fire. The fire spread through the back portion of the building and caused extensive damage in the kitchen area.

The rest of the building suffered smoke and heat damage.

One person was injured in the fire. He was taken to the Twin Rivers Medical Center by Medic One Ambulance Service.

Bill's BBQ was originally established in 1947 by Bill Horton and has been family owned and operated ever since.  The business is well known in the Kennett area for its "Open Pit Bar Cue", its  original sauce, and the "Big Pig BBQ sandwich"

Friday's fire wasn't the first one the restaurant suffered. It has suffered more than one fire in the past and has been rebuilt each time.

The owner has not said what he will do with the business.

Firefighters spent hours working to put out the flames. 

Copyright 2012 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

472 Craighead Co. 766
Jonesboro, AR 72401
(870) 931-8888

FCC Public File
publicfile@kait8.com
(870) 336-1816
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KAIT. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.