From Arkansas State University
Date: Saturday, Dec. 22, 2012
Tip-Off: 1:05 p.m. CST
Location: Jonesboro, Ark.
Arena: Convocation Center (10,563)
Radio: East Arkansas Broadcasters
95.3 FM The Ticket (Jonesboro)
970 AM KNEA (Jonesboro)
Radio Talent: Brad Bobo (Play-by-Play)
Series: 43-12, Arkansas State
Series (In Jonesboro): 22-4
Current Streak: ASU, 9 Wins
Last Meeting: Feb. 11, 2012
Boyer Record vs Louisiana-Lafayette: 17-4
Online Audio: AStateRedWolves.com
Live Stats: AStateRedWolves.com
Live Video: AStateRedWolves.com
• This season will mark the 39th for women's basketball at Arkansas State.
• The Red Wolves have an all-time record of 190-130 against league teams.
• A-State is 1-1 in league play this season, having defeated FIU Nov. 29 and losing at FAU on
• This will be the 56th meeting all-time between the Red Wolves and the Ragin' Cajuns with
A-State holding a 43-12 series edge.
• ASU is in the midst of grueling stretch in which it will play four games in seven days.
• ASU won its third straight home contest with a 66-58 victory on Dec. 19.
• Q McDowell has moved into 13th place on ASU's all-time steals list with 154 for her career.
• Freshman guard Jalen O'Bannon made the first start of her career against Austin Peay.
• Sophomore Hanna Qeden set career highs in points (12), blocks (3) and steals (3) in the
victory over Austin Peay on Dec. 17.
• Q McDowell has started in 86 straight games.
• A-State has knocked down a 3-pointer in 100 straight games.
• ASU traveled over 5,700 miles in its first five road games this season.
• Freshman guard Jalen O'Bannon scored a career-high 12 points against FIU on Nov. 29,
scoring in double-digits for the first time in her career.
• Jane Morrill recorded her second career double-double with 23 points and 11 rebounds
against Southeast Missouri State.
• Junior Jane Morrill was voted a second-team SBC All-Conference selection after leading ASU
in both scoring and rebounding last season.
• The Red Wolves return four of five starters from last season, including Ashley Olvera,
• ASU is in its 19th season of competition in the Sun Belt Conference.
• Brian Boyer is in his 14th season as the head coach of the ASU women's basketball team.
He is the only coach in ASU history (men's or women's) to win 200 games and is the school's
all-time winningest basketball coach.
• Junior forward Jane Morrill was selected as a first-team All-Sun Belt Conference selection by
College Sports Maddness.
• Seven of ASU's 15 players are from the state of Arkansas. The list includes Hanna Qedan, Andi
• Sonja Tate joined the ASU coaching staff over the summer, returning to ASU where she played
from 1990-93. She still holds records in six statistical categories at ASU.
• Brian Boyer is 103-95 all-time against non-conference opponents.
• This will be the 56th meeting all-time between the Red Wolves and Ragin' Cajuns with A-State
holding a 43-12 all-time series edge.
• ASU currently has a nine game winning streak over Louisiana-Lafayette and has also won its last
eight games against the Ragin' Cajuns in Jonesboro.
• ASU has beaten ULL 43 times since the two schools began playing. That total is tied for the most
wins over any opponent all-time for ASU. A-State has also beaten UALR 43 times.
• ASU head coach Brian Boyer has beaten ULL 17 times in his career, the most of any opponent.
SCOUTING THE RAGIN' CAJUNS
• The Ragin' Cajuns enter the game with a 6-5 record after defeating Tulane in overtime 65-64 on
• Sylvana Okde is the team's leading scorer with 13.5 points per game, while Keke Veal is
averaging 10.9 points per contest.
• Byronesha Santiago is the team's leading rebounder with 8.3 rebounds per night.
• The Ragin' Cajuns have had nine different players start this season. Only two players, Sylvana
Okde and Kia Wilridge have started in more than seven games.
• Head coach Gary Brodhead is in his first season at Louisiana-Lafayette after serving as an
assistant at McNeese State for the previous five season.
PROTECTING HOME COURT
• ASU is currently on a three game winning streak at the Convocation Center.
• After losing its first two games to Wichita State and Southeast Missouri State, the Red Wolves
have rolled off wins against Central Arkansas, Austin Peay and Nicholls State.
• During the streak, ASU's average margin of victory has been 15.3 points.
LEADER OF THE PACK
• Junior Jane Morrill has lead ASU in scoring seven times this season. She has been the leading
scorer in three of A-State's four wins and has scored in double-digits in every game this season.
• She has also been the team's leading rebounder eight times this season.
• Against Austin Peay, Morrill set a career high with 11 free throws made. She also sent a career
high with 15 free throw attempts.
• She finished the game against the Lady Governors with 21 points, just two shy of tying her
season high of 23 against SEMO.
NO MORE NON-CONFERENCE
• With its win over Nicholls State, ASU concluded its non-conference schedule. A-State went 3-6
against non league opponents with wins over UCA, Austin Peay and Nicholls State.
WINNING AND WINNING BIG
• ASU's 31-point victory over Austin Peay was its largest margin of victory over an opponent since
the 2008-09 season when it defeated Northern Arizona 71-40.
• The last time ASU defeated an opponent by a larger margin was the 2006-07 when it defeated
Arkansas-Pine Bluff 87-55 for a 32 point victory.
• Sophomore Hanna Qedan had a career night against Austin Peay on Dec. 17. She set career
highs in points (12), blocks (3) and steals (3).
• She set a career-high with seven rebounds against Florida Atlantic on Dec. 1 and was one
rebound away from tying that career against Austin Peay.
• She is currently third on the team in rebounding average with 4.0 per night.
• She knocked down a career-high three, 3-pointers against Wichita State.
• Freshman forward Jessica Flanery has made the most of her limited opportunities this season.
She is averaging just 3.3 minutes in for games this season, but has drained four 3-pointers on
• She drained three, 3-pointers against Austin Peay on 3-of-4 shooting for a career-high nine
HITTING THE BOARDS
• Junior sophomore Carlisha Wyatt pulled down a career high 14 rebounds against Austin Peay.
• She is second on the team with 6.0 rebounds per night.
TURNOVERS INTO POINTS
• In ASU's three victories this season the Red Wolves have taken advantage of their opponents
mistakes. ASU has forced their opponents into 63 turnovers in those games and has scored 65
points off those turnovers.
A STATISTICAL NIGHT TO REMEMBER
• A-State set several season highs against Austin Peay. The Red Wolves set season highs in points
(75), field goals made (29), 3-pointers made (5), 3-point field goal percentage (.417) and tied
season highs in steals (11) and blocked shots (4).
• The ASU defense held Austin Peay to an opponent season low 44 points and also held the Lady
Governors to just 17 made field goals, also an opponent season low for A-State.
• ASU has had six freshman see playing time this season.
• Jalen O'Bannon has seen the most time, averaging 16.3 minutes per game and 5.2 points per
played in seven of ASU's eleven games. Xena King has played in nine games and Jessica Flenery