Cooking fire guts apartment on Johnson Avenue - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

BREAKING NEWS

Cooking fire guts apartment on Johnson Avenue

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) – The Jonesboro Fire Department says cooking led to a fire that gutted an apartment on Johnson Avenue Tuesday afternoon.

According to JFD, the fire started in the kitchen of apartment 13 at 1901 E. Johnson Avenue.

Firefighters say one person was home at the time of the fire, and made it out safely.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to that apartment, which they say is a total loss. No other apartments in the complex were affected.

Region 8 News will continue to track this story and have more updates as soon as they become available.

Copyright 2013 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly