Cooking fire guts apartment on Johnson Avenue - KAIT-Jonesboro, AR-News, weather, sports

BREAKING NEWS

Cooking fire guts apartment on Johnson Avenue

Posted: Updated:

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) – The Jonesboro Fire Department says cooking led to a fire that gutted an apartment on Johnson Avenue Tuesday afternoon.

According to JFD, the fire started in the kitchen of apartment 13 at 1901 E. Johnson Avenue.

Firefighters say one person was home at the time of the fire, and made it out safely.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to that apartment, which they say is a total loss. No other apartments in the complex were affected.

Region 8 News will continue to track this story and have more updates as soon as they become available.

Copyright 2013 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

472 Craighead Co. 766
Jonesboro, AR 72401
(870) 931-8888

FCC Public File
publicfile@kait8.com
(870) 336-1816
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KAIT. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.