World Imports recalls over 8,000 bunk beds - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

World Imports recalls over 8,000 bunk beds

(Source: Consumer Product Safety Commission) (Source: Consumer Product Safety Commission)
(Source: Consumer Product Safety Commission) (Source: Consumer Product Safety Commission)

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) – World Imports is recalling over 8,000 bunk beds due to safety violations.

According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the openings on the metal rails are more than allowed and pose a risk for entrapment or asphyxiation hazard.

No injuries or incidents have been reported with this recall.

CPSC says customers should immediately stop using the beds, and contact the firm for a free repair kit.

For more details on this recall, including model numbers and contact information, click here.

Copyright 2013 KAIT. All rights reserved.

  • Region 8 News</span><a class="customMoreLink" href="/Global/category.asp?C=4391" target="_top">More >></a>Region 8 NewsMore>>

  • Nucor to build new steel mill in central Missouri

    Nucor to build new steel mill in central Missouri

    Wednesday, November 22 2017 8:00 AM EST2017-11-22 13:00:04 GMT
    (Source: Raycom Media)(Source: Raycom Media)

    Steel producer Nucor is building a steel mill in the mid-Missouri city of Sedalia.

    Steel producer Nucor is building a steel mill in the mid-Missouri city of Sedalia.

  • Foundation to adopt a family for Christmas

    Foundation to adopt a family for Christmas

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 11:40 PM EST2017-11-22 04:40:57 GMT
    Tuesday, November 21 2017 11:55 PM EST2017-11-22 04:55:13 GMT
    (Source: Keeunna Watson)(Source: Keeunna Watson)

    A foundation in honor of a Jonesboro who died from epilepsy is finding a way to serve another family in need for Christmas.

    A foundation in honor of a Jonesboro who died from epilepsy is finding a way to serve another family in need for Christmas.

  • Family safely makes it out of house fire in Matthews, MO

    Family safely makes it out of house fire in Matthews, MO

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 11:47 PM EST2017-11-22 04:47:04 GMT
    source:  Raycom Mediasource: Raycom Media

    According to an official with the Matthews Volunteer Fire Department, a family was inside the home when the fire started in an upstairs bathroom.

    According to an official with the Matthews Volunteer Fire Department, a family was inside the home when the fire started in an upstairs bathroom.

Powered by Frankly