JONESBORO, Ark. (ASU) – The Arkansas State women's tennis team was defeated by Northwestern State Saturday 5-2. The loss brings ASU's season record to 2-4.
Tamara Slijepcevic got back on track for A-State as she defeated Polina Konop 2-6, 6-3, 6-3. The only other point for ASU came from Biljana Miloshevska in the No. 3 spot as she defeated Natalya Krutova 6-7 (8-10), 6-0, 10-8.
In other singles action, Arkansas State's Janie Nowland was defeated in straight sets by Tatiana Larina 6-1, 6-0 and Ioana Teu lost to Andrea Nedorostova 6-1, 2-6, 7-5. Chiara Stefanov lost to Olga Leyshyna in straight sets 6-1, 6-3, while A-State's Jess Heeps-Eriksen couldn't carry over her momentum from the last match as she was defeated by Daniela Simonova 6-3, 7-5.
The Red Wolves lost their first doubles point of the young season to the Demons. Larina/Nedorostova defeated Teu/Nowland of ASU by a score of 8-6. Konop/Krutova were victorious over Slijepcevic/Miloshevska 8-0 and Simonova/Amy Williams defeated Heeps-Eriksen/Sofia Krsmanovic 8-4.
The Red Wolves take on Lamar University at noon Sunday. The match against Lamar wraps up a string of five straight road matches for A-State.
1. Slijepcevic, Tamara (ASU) def. Konop, Polina (NWLA) 2-6, 6-3, 6-3
2. Larina, Tatiana (NWLA) def. Nowland, Janie (ASU) 6-1, 6-0
3. Miloshevska, Biljana (ASU) def. Krutova, Natalya (NWLA) 6-7 (8-10), 6-0, 10-8
4. Nedorostova, Andrea (NWLA) def. Teu, Ioana (ASU) 6-1, 2-6, 7-5
5. Leyshyna, Olga (NWLA) def. Stefanov, Chiara (ASU) 6-1, 6-3
6. Simonova, Daniela (NWLA) def. Heeps-Eriksen, Jess (ASU) 6-3, 7-5
1. Larina, Tatiana/Nedorostova, Andrea (NWLA) def. Teu, Ioana/Nowland, Janie (ASU) 8-6
2. Konop, Polina/Krutova, Natalya (NWLA) def. Slijepcevic, Tamara/Miloshevska, Biljana (ASU) 8-0
3. Williams, Amy/Simonova, Daniela (NWLA) def. Heeps-Eriksen, Jess/Krsmanovic, Sofia (ASU) 8-4