IZARD COUNTY, AR (KAIT) – An Izard County man was arrested after running from police in Alabama.
Police say John Paul Brunette was wanted for felony warrants out of Alabama. According to a press release on the Izard County Sheriff's Department's website, police had to use a dog team to find Burnette in a field.
He faces resisting arrest and fleeing charges out of Izard County and those felony warrant charges from Alabama.
He was arrested on February 25 and posted bond the next day.
Alabama authorities say they do not plan to extradite Burnette.
In unrelated cases, the sheriff's department posted these arrests on their website:
- Sarah Elizabeth Lepe , age 30 of Cave City was arrested February on felony forgery charges. The charges relate to Lepe steeling checks, forging and passing these checks in mid 2012 . According to Sheriff Tate Lawrence, Leper posted bond the following day in the amount of $20,000 and was given court date in Izard County Circuit Court.
- A Melbourne man, Danny W. Calaway, age 49 was arrested the night of March 1st on charges of driving while intoxicated, driving let of center, failure to yield, and refusing to submit. Calaway posted bond the following day in the amount o $1,330, given a court date, and released.
- Timmy Wayne Vest, age 50 of Melbourne was arrested February 27 on disorderly conduct and assault third degree. Sheriff Lawrence said the charges stem from a child custody matter. Vest posted bond in the amount of $1,310, given a court date and released from the Izard County Detention Facility.
- Shawn Marie Potter, age 40 of Mountain Home was March 8 on charges of possessing a controlled substance, possessing drug paraphernalia and refusal to submit to a chemical test. Potter posted bond in the amount of $2,335 and given an April 29 court date.
- Charles Russell Earle was arrested March 8 on a bond revocation and will be held in the Izard County Detention Facility and will be held until ordered to be released by Circuit Judge Tim Weaver.