JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) – A gas leak reported in Craighead County is not dangerous, according to Emergency Response teams.
The gas leak was reported around 7:15 Friday evening after a tractor damaged it behind a residence on County Road 903 just off Highway 18.
We're told the leak was from a main gas line heading toward Paragould. David Moore with the Craighead County Emergency Management said it was flammable, but since it is natural gas it rises in the air quickly, making the leak non-dangerous.
Since there was no immediate danger fire crews decided to leave at around 9 pm.