• Batted .611 (11-for-18) in the Tigers' four wins with one double, one triple, three homers, 12 RBI and five runs scored … Katz hit .571 (8-for-14) in LSU's three-game sweep at Missouri with one triple, three homers, eight RBI and four runs … his solo homer in the fourth inning of Friday's game at Mizzou proved to be the winning hit in LSU's 2-0 victory.
• Katz drove in four runs on Sunday, including a three-run blast in the third inning that reduced Mizzou's lead from 5-1 to 5-4 and sparked LSU to a 6-5 comeback victory.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Jonathon Crawford • Florida
Junior • RHP • Okeechobee, Fla.
• Fired a two-hit shutout as the Gators evened the weekend series on Saturday with No. 11 Ole Miss with a 7-0 victory...Rebel hitters went 2-for-29 (.069) against Crawford, who went the distance...Set a season high with eight strikeouts and issued two walks...Allowed only singles in the fourth and sixth innings.
• It was Crawford's second career complete-game and second solo shutout – first since a 4-0 no-hitter against Bethune-Cookman on June 1, 2012 during the NCAA Gainesville Regional. It was the first complete game by a Florida pitcher this season, the Gators' first shutout and marked the first time the Rebels were held scoreless in 2013.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Tyler Spoon • Arkansas
OF • Van Buren, Ark.
• Hit safely in four of the five games and had multiple hits in two of the three games in the weekend series vs. No. 15 Mississippi State … In the three games vs. the Bulldogs, Spoon hit .417 (5-for-12) with a RBI and three runs scored to help Arkansas to a series win .
• Spoon had two hits in each of the first two games of the series vs. Mississippi State and in the series decider on Sunday, Spoon drove in what turned out to be the game-winning run with a RBI double in the first inning to put the Razorbacks in front 2-0 in a game the team would go on to win 3-1.