From the Southeastern Conference
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Mason Katz • LSU
Senior • 1B • Harahan, La.
• Batted .611 (11-for-18) in the Tigers' four wins with one double, one triple, three homers, 12 RBI and five runs scored … Katz hit .571 (8-for-14) in LSU's three-game sweep at Missouri with one triple, three homers, eight RBI and four runs … his solo homer in the fourth inning of Friday's game at Mizzou proved to be the winning hit in LSU's 2-0 victory.
• Katz drove in four runs on Sunday, including a three-run blast in the third inning that reduced Mizzou's lead from 5-1 to 5-4 and sparked LSU to a 6-5 comeback victory.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Jonathon Crawford • Florida
Junior • RHP • Okeechobee, Fla.
• Fired a two-hit shutout as the Gators evened the weekend series on Saturday with No. 11 Ole Miss with a 7-0 victory...Rebel hitters went 2-for-29 (.069) against Crawford, who went the distance...Set a season high with eight strikeouts and issued two walks...Allowed only singles in the fourth and sixth innings.
• It was Crawford's second career complete-game and second solo shutout – first since a 4-0 no-hitter against Bethune-Cookman on June 1, 2012 during the NCAA Gainesville Regional. It was the first complete game by a Florida pitcher this season, the Gators' first shutout and marked the first time the Rebels were held scoreless in 2013.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Tyler Spoon • Arkansas
OF • Van Buren, Ark.
• Hit safely in four of the five games and had multiple hits in two of the three games in the weekend series vs. No. 15 Mississippi State … In the three games vs. the Bulldogs, Spoon hit .417 (5-for-12) with a RBI and three runs scored to help Arkansas to a series win .