Fire damages Poplar Bluff apartment building - KAIT-Jonesboro, AR-News, weather, sports

Fire damages Poplar Bluff apartment building

Posted: Updated:
(Source: Mike Mohundro) (Source: Mike Mohundro)
(Source: Mike Mohundro) (Source: Mike Mohundro)
  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Original victim files suit against OBGYN

    Original victim files suit against OBGYN

    Friday, April 18 2014 12:00 AM EDT2014-04-18 04:00:19 GMT
    PARAGOULD, AR (KAIT) - The Paragould OB/GYN accused of taking nude photos of some of his patients had his first court appearance Thursday. He was arrested Wednesday night at a Newport hotel. Dr. Paul
    The patient that brought all of this to the forefront has now filed civil suit against the doctor and explained in detail what Becton allegedly did to her during that exam that she said led up to him taking nude photos of her.
  • NEW: Malpractice suits dismissed against arrested doctor

    NEW: Malpractice suits dismissed against arrested doctor

    Friday, April 18 2014 2:18 PM EDT2014-04-18 18:18:42 GMT
    JONESBORO, AR  (KAIT) – A Paragould doctor accused of taking nude photographs of at least one patient is due in court again on May 30, but more information is coming to light after his arrest. Dr. Paul
    A Paragould doctor accused of taking nude photographs of at least one patient is due in court again on May 30, but more information is coming to light after his arrest.
  • Fire burns vacant home in SW Jonesboro

    Fire burns vacant home in SW Jonesboro

    Friday, April 18 2014 12:34 PM EDT2014-04-18 16:34:25 GMT
    JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) – A portion of Southwest Drive is closed this morning as crews are work on a house fire. According to Jonesboro dispatch the home is vacant. Southwest Drive has been closed from
    Southwest Drive was closed during the morning rush Friday after crews battled a house fire.
POPLAR BLUFF, MO (KFVS) -

A Poplar Bluff apartment was damaged by fire on Monday evening.

According to Poplar Bluff Fire Battalion Chief Carl Williams, the fire broke out at the building just before 5:30 p.m. at 520 Poplar Street.

He says the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction.

According to Williams, an exhaust fan in a bathroom caused a fire that spread throughout several rooms and onto the second floor.

Families from four units were affected by the blaze. The fire also caused smoke and water damage.

Terry Tomlinson, the owner of the building, says he got a call last night from a tenant that said smoke was present in the building. He rushed over and called the fire department. He also told tenants to vacate the building immediately.

Tomlinson says he helped an elderly man get out of the structure from the second floor.

Tomlinson also says that all the tenants have a place to stay. They will stay with family members or in a hotel that the Red Cross helped to provide.

Tomlinson says he just bought the apartment building last June and has put a lot of work into fixing the building.

There was a lot of furniture damaged in the fire, as well as the back side of the house suffered damage. Tomlinson doesn't know if he will rebuild at this time due to the extent of the damage.

Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

472 Craighead Co. 766
Jonesboro, AR 72401
(870) 931-8888

FCC Public File
publicfile@kait8.com
(870) 336-1816
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KAIT. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.