LITTLE ROCK (AHSAA.org) - Ten high school seniors have been selected to receive a $1,000 college scholarship from the Arkansas Activities Association's Scholar-Athlete Program sponsored by State Farm®.
In the girls' division the winners are: Kaylee Nicole Rich, Southside Batesville (volleyball), Annlee-Taylor Glass, Beebe (basketball), Erin Alise Langley, Beebe (track), Hope Mackenzie Woods, Huntsville (softball) and Ali Elizabeth Kinsey, Hot Springs Lakeside (cheerleading).
In the boys' division the winners are: Brandyn Michael Young, Fayetteville (football), Austen Michord Cantrell, Bald Knob (basketball), Dallas Johnston, Wynne (track), Austin Wayne Foshee, Morrilton (baseball) and Tryson Drake Lindley, Valley View (tennis).
This is the 19th year for the AAA Scholar-Athlete Program.
Each student-athlete had to meet scholastic requirements of a 7-semester minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or higher, and each student-athlete had to score at least 21 on the ACT or at least 900 on the SAT.
The other requirements for the Scholar-Athlete Scholarship were:
- A senior athlete registered with the AAA.
- All- student-athletes had to meet NCAA Scholarship rules.
- Each student-athlete had to display good citizenship in their school and in the community.
- Each student-athlete had to display desirable leadership traits.
- Each student-athlete had to be active in other school activities.
The 10 scholarship winners will be honored at a luncheon on Monday, May 20, 2013 at the Holiday Inn Presidential Hotel in Downtown Little Rock, I-30 and 6th Street at 11:30 a.m.