JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) – The Jonesboro Fire Department says lightning is to blame for a duplex fire in Jonesboro Friday.
According to the Jonesboro Fire Department, lightning struck a home on Villa Drive and then sparked a fire in the attic area of the duplex.
Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the attic areas of both duplexes. The say the inside of the homes suffered minor damage.
One man was inside the home in his office, and told firefighters that he heard a loud a pop and then insulation came down from the ceiling and a window blew out.
The man ran from the home and was unharmed.