3 taken to hospital after carbon monoxide leak at Goodwill store - KAIT-Jonesboro, AR-News, weather, sports

3 taken to hospital after carbon monoxide leak at Goodwill store

Posted: Updated:
  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Region 8 News Investigates: Bacteria in the water

    Region 8 News Investigates: Bacteria in the water

    Thursday, July 24 2014 11:45 PM EDT2014-07-25 03:45:18 GMT
    An abundance of lakes and rivers means no shortage of swimmers in Region 8 but not every body of water is one you want to swim in.
    An abundance of lakes and rivers means no shortage of swimmers in Region 8 but not every body of water is one you want to swim in.

  • Central Baptist Church goes 'To-The-Block' to party

    Central Baptist Church goes 'To-The-Block' to party

    Thursday, July 24 2014 11:51 PM EDT2014-07-25 03:51:41 GMT
    JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - A Region 8 church is taking its message to the streets.Members of Central Baptist Church’s Word Campus hosted a “To-The-Block Party” at Cedar Manor Apartments Thursday evening. The church has hosted a block party in a North Jonesboro neighborhood for three consecutive weeks in an effort to build relationships with each community."Instead of always trying to ask them to come to us we felt like it was important that we just picked up our lives and brought our lives to mee...
    JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - A Region 8 church is taking its message to the streets.Members of Central Baptist Church’s Word Campus hosted a “To-The-Block Party” at Cedar Manor Apartments Thursday evening. The church has hosted a block party in a North Jonesboro neighborhood for three consecutive weeks in an effort to build relationships with each community."Instead of always trying to ask them to come to us we felt like it was important that we just picked up our lives and brought our lives to mee...
  • Mayor of Caruthersville killed in house fire

    Mayor of Caruthersville killed in house fire

    Thursday, July 24 2014 3:00 PM EDT2014-07-24 19:00:14 GMT
    The mayor of Caruthersville was killed in a fire at his home Wednesday night.
    The mayor of Caruthersville was killed in a fire at his home Wednesday night.
NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

Three employees were taken to local hospitals from a west Nashville Goodwill store after it was evacuated Tuesday morning for a carbon monoxide leak.

Goodwill spokeswoman Jamie Berry said two people were transported by ambulance for treatment while a third was taken by a personal vehicle.

The store is located at 5412 Charlotte Ave.

Emergency crews were called to the scene about 9:30 a.m. after the store's carbon monoxide detector sounded, and the reason for the elevated levels of carbon monoxide has not been released.

Approximately 20 customers and employees were evacuated, and the store resumed normal operations about 11:30 a.m.

Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

472 Craighead Co. 766
Jonesboro, AR 72401
(870) 931-8888

FCC Public File
publicfile@kait8.com
(870) 336-1816
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KAIT. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.