Date: May 10-12, 2013
First Pitch: Friday 6 p.m.
Saturday 6 p.m.
Sunday, 1 p.m.
Location: Troy, Ala.
Stadium: Riddle-Pace Field (2,000)
Radio: East Arkansas Broadcasters
95.3 FM The Ticket
970 AM KNEA
Radio Talent: Matt Stolz
ASU vs Troy: 4-21 (ASU Trails)
Raffo Record vs Troy: 4-12
Last Meeting: 2012
Current Streak: ASU 1 Loss
Online Audio: AStateRedWolves.com
Live Stats: AStateRedWolves.com
LEADING OFF: Arkansas State will make its final Sun Belt Conference road trip of the season when it Travels to Troy, Ala., to take on the Trojans May 10-12. The Red Wolves are looking to end a six-game losing skid and are coming off a 12-3 loss to Tennessee during the midweek. ASU is on the back end of a seven-game road trip and has been on the road since Tuesday May 7 when it left for Knoxville, Tenn., for the midweek contest against the Vols. ASU is in the hunt for one the final spots in the SBC tournament and is currently in seventh place in the SBC standings
Troy enters the weekend as one of the hottest teams in the Sun Belt. The Trojans are just one game out of first-place and have the nation's longest home winning streak at 16 games. The Trojans ranks fourth in the counts in extra base hits.
THE STARTERS: Arkansas State will start senior right-hander Daniel Wright on Friday night. He enters the game with a 5-4 record, a 3.74 ERA and 83 strikeouts on the season. A-State's starters for Saturday and Sunday have not yet been announced.
Troy will counter junior right-hander Tanner Hicks, who brings a 7-2 record and 3.94 ERA into the contest. Saturday the Trojans will go with junior left-hander Shane McCain who is 8-1 on th year with 81 strikeouts, while senior left-hander Ryan Sorce will get the call on Sunday. Sorce is 6-0 on the year and has walked just seven batters in 43 2/3 innings this year.
ASU/TROY SERIES HISTORY
• This will be the the 26th, 27th and 28th meetings all-time between the two schools with Troy
holding a 21-4 all-time advantage.
• A-State lost the first 12 games it ever played against the Trojans before breaking through for its
first win in 2010.
• ASU took 2-of-3 games from the Trojans in Troy last season, but did lose to the squad in the SBC
SCOUTING THE TROJANS
• Troy enters the game with a 35-13 overall record and a 16-8 record in league play.
• Troy owns the nation's longest home winning streak at 16 games, including 10 straight home
wins in SBC play.
• The Trojans are fourth in the country in extra base hits, collecting 178 on th year.
• Troy's weekend pitching rotation is a combined 21-3 wit 190 strikeouts.
• The Trojans have lost just two SBC series this season (South Alabama and Louisiana-Lafayette).
FITZPATRICK STEALS THE WEEKEND
• ASU freshman Kevin Fitzpatrick went 3-for-4 on steal attempts at Louisiana-Lafayette May 3-5.
• He stole one base on Saturday and then added two more on Sunday, one of which led to an
errant that allowed him to score from third.
UXA'S CONSECUTIVE STARTS STREAK
• ASU senior Logan Uxa has started in 106 straight games dating back to his junior season.
• He has started every game since the start of his junior season, with his last none start coming in
the final game of his sophomore campaign.