Home suffers major smoke damage after Wednesday night fire

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - A Wednesday night house fire is under investigation by the Jonesboro Fire Department.

According to JFD, crews were called out to a home around 8:30 p.m. on Elizabeth Lane, near Prospect Rd.

When crews arrived, smoke could be seen coming from several parts of the home.

Everyone from the home and neighboring homes were evacuated.

Officials say the fire was quickly extinguished and the living room suffered major smoke damage.

One firefighter was taken to the hospital over a knee injury. Fire officials say no one else was hurt.

Officials say they are checking the home's wiring to see if it may have caused the fire.

Region 8 News will keep tracking this story and bring you any new details when they become available.

Copyright 2013 KAIT. All rights reserved.