JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - The Jonesboro Fire Department says a gas leak Wednesday morning posed nodanger to the public.
Around 9:30 a.m., firecrews were called out to the Riggs on Parker Road. A gas leak had been found atthe building under demolition next door.
Assistant Fire Chief AlanDunn says firefighters were able to quickly resolve the leak thanks to trainingthey have received.
"We have air monitors in our truck to monitor for explosivehazards. We'll of course be dressed inour protective equipment wearing scvas and that's our air packs that wewear. And we'll monitor the air andwe'll stand by until the gas company arrives", says Chief Dunn.
Dunn says he's proud of the firefighters quick response time andexecution of their training.