Storms knock tree on top of house in Jonesboro - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Storms knock tree on top of house in Jonesboro

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - Wednesday night's storms came pretty close to causing quite a bit of damage to one Jonesboro resident's home...

James Robinson lives on Woodsprings Road and told Region 8 News he's glad he wasn't home when a large oak tree fell right on top of his house.

"I went to dinner and when I came home from dinner things looked...different," James "Buster" Robinson said.

A large oak tree in Robinson's yard came down on top of his house.

"It was a good place for the chimney to catch it. May have to replace the whole chimney, I don't know...if it crumbled down inside," Robinson said regarding the damage.

He said he actually had five trees removed from his property last year.

"I took them down for safety! I guess, I took the wrong one down I guess," Robinson joked. "My big oak tree, I didn't wanna take down. I figured it'd be there forever."

Though from all outward appearances, there wasn't significant damage done to Robinson's house, "in the daytime, you might see more," Robinson said.

As a safety precaution, he said he might remove a few more trees that sit near his home.

"Don't want anymore rooftops caved in!"

Copyright 2013 KAIT. All Rights Reserved.

• breaking

Murder suspect turns himself in to authorities

Murder suspect turns himself in to authorities

Tuesday, March 28 2017 10:34 PM EDT2017-03-29 02:34:04 GMT
    Wednesday, March 29 2017 6:53 AM EDT2017-03-29 10:53:51 GMT
    Josh Mason Farmer (Source: Poinsett County Sheriff's Department)Josh Mason Farmer (Source: Poinsett County Sheriff's Department)

Josh Mason Farmer of Widener turned himself over to authorities early Wednesday morning.

Fire department will soon have new tanker truck

Tuesday, March 28 2017 11:47 PM EDT2017-03-29 03:47:43 GMT
    Tuesday, March 28 2017 11:52 PM EDT2017-03-29 03:52:29 GMT

The Monette Fire Department is looking to add a new tanker truck to their fleet.

AGFC holds meeting on improving duck hunting season

Tuesday, March 28 2017 11:34 PM EDT2017-03-29 03:34:15 GMT
    Tuesday, March 28 2017 11:49 PM EDT2017-03-29 03:49:16 GMT

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission held a meeting for duck hunters in Jonesboro on how they plan to improve the duck-hunting season.