Springfield firefighters respond to early morning fire - KAIT-Jonesboro, AR-News, weather, sports

Springfield firefighters respond to early morning fire at High School of Commerce

Posted: Updated:
  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Widespread storms roll through Region 8

    Widespread storms roll through Region 8

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 6:03 PM EDT2014-07-23 22:03:33 GMT
    A widespread area of severe thunderstorms packing heavy rain, dangerous lightning, and gusty winds are making their way through Region 8 this afternoon.

    For the latest on this afternoon's severe weather, watch Chief Meteorologist Ryan Vaughan on Region 8 News at 5, 6 and 10:00.

    A widespread area of severe thunderstorms packing heavy rain, dangerous lightning, and gusty winds are making their way through Region 8 this afternoon.

    For the latest on this afternoon's severe weather, watch Chief Meteorologist Ryan Vaughan on Region 8 News at 5, 6 and 10:00.

  • Only On 3

    4-year-old boy banned from local doughnut shop

    4-year-old boy banned from local doughnut shop

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 6:55 PM EDT2014-07-22 22:55:12 GMT
    Kids say the darndest things, but one local inquisitive 4-year-old boy asked a question that got him banned from a Monroe doughnut shop.
    Kids say the darndest things, but one local inquisitive 4-year-old boy asked a question that got him banned from a Monroe doughnut shop.
  • Women flee to roof to escape gunman

    Women flee to roof to escape gunman

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 3:37 PM EDT2014-07-23 19:37:43 GMT
    Michael FinleyMichael Finley
    Two Jonesboro women had to be rescued from the roof of their house after police say a man opened fire on them.
    Two Jonesboro women had to be rescued from the roof of their house after police say a man opened fire on them.
SPRINGFIELD, MA (WSHM) -

A small fire broke out in a classroom at the High School of Commerce in Springfield Wednesday morning.

According to our media partner, Masslive.com, firefighters said the fire was a result of an overheated air conditioner.

Masslive.com com said fire officials responded to school at 415 State St. around 6:12 a.m. after smoke was seen coming from the school's roof.

Dennis Leger, aide to Commissioner Joseph Conant, said the unit's filter caught on fire and caused the classroom to fill with smoke as a result of overheated wiring.

Leger believes the damage could be several thousand dollars.

Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation).  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

472 Craighead Co. 766
Jonesboro, AR 72401
(870) 931-8888

FCC Public File
publicfile@kait8.com
(870) 336-1816
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KAIT. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.