From Arkansas State University
FRIDAY, Sept. 13 | 7:30 p.m. CST
at Tulsa, Okla.
Arkansas State (3-1-2) at
Series History: Tulsa leads 2-1
Sunday, Sept. 15 | 1 p.m. CST
at Tulsa, Okla.
Arkansas State (3-1-2) at
Oral Roberts (3-1)
Series History: Oral Roberts leads 4-0
Twitter: @AStateGameDay #AStateSoc
THE KICKOFF: The Arkansas State women's soccer team travel to Oklahoma for a pair of non-conference matchups against the C-USA's Golden Hurricanes of Tulsa and Oral Roberts. Friday night's matchup with Tulsa will be A-State's third under the lights this season and the first meeting between the schools since 2010 win the Red Wolves defeated the school 1-0. This will also be the first since 2010 that Oral Roberts have squared off against one another and the Red Wolves will be looking for their first eve win against the Golden Eagles.
OUTSHOOTING THE COMPETITION
• Arkansas State took 39 shots in 7-0 victory over Grambling State Sept. 8, which was the second
most in school history.
• The all-time mark in a match is 43 shots was set during the 2012 season.
• A-State also took 19 shots on goal, which ranks as the fourth most in school history.
• Jenna Duerst and Madison Joyce each finished with two assists during A-State's Sept. 8 matchup
with Grambling State. The total for each is tied for the second most ever during a single match.
• Arkansas State has gone undefeated in its last four matches which is tied for the longest streak
in school history.
• A-State accomplished the mark during the 2010 season and then also spread out a streak across
at the end of the 2007 season and the start of the 2008 season.
PROTECTING HOME FIELD
• Over its last 16 home matches, the Red Wolves have won 12 matches.
• Over the past three seasons the Red Wolves have a home record of 13-5-3.
FINK WITH A NEW CAREER HIGH
• Junior midfielder Christina Fink set a new career high with six shots in match against Missouri
State Sept. 3. The total also ranks tied for the third most shots in school history.
• She also set a career high with four shots on goal in the match, which ranks tied for the fourth
most in a match in school history.
GILES ETCHES NAME INTO RECORD BOOK
• Christine Giles recorded eight shots against Grambling State on Sept. 8, which now stands as the
second most shots in school history.
• The Red Wolves are ranked 37th in the nation in team scoring, averaging 2.5 goals per match.
• A-State also ranks 44th in both saves (6.0) and points (7.0) per match, while also ranking 48 in
assists per match (2.0).
• Amanda Lee ranks 32nd in the nations in saves percentage with an .893 mark while also ranking
38th with 6.25 saves per game.
JOYCE SETS A CAREER HIGH
• Madison Joyce set a career high with three shots against Missouri State on Sept 3. Her previous
career high was two shots which was two shots which she had done four previous times.
• Christina Fink ranks tied for third on ASU's all-time career points list with 37 for her career while
Loren Mitchell is tied for ninth on the list with 24 points for her career.
• Fink is now also tied for fourth on the all-time goal scoring list at ASU with 13 for her career,
while Mitchell is tied for seventh all-time at the school with 10 career goals.
• Fink is also tied for first on ASU's career game-winning goals list with 6 for her career.
STARTING WITH A TIE
• A-State's tie with Southern Miss to start the 2013 season marked the third time in the last four
years that ASU has started the year with a tie in its opening match.
• The tie was also just the 16th tie in the history of the program.
APPROACHING THE TOP 10
• Loren Mitchell's goal against Southern Miss gave her eight for her career, placing her in a tie for
11th place on the all-time goal scoring list at A-State.
• Christina Fink is currently in seventh place on the list with 10 career goals.
• Junior Christina FInk and sophomore Loren Mitchell nabbed Preseason All-SBC honors before
the start of the regular season.
• Fink and Mitchell also collected All-SBC Preseason honors from College Sports Madness with
teammates Ashley Jackson and Katey Carmichael. Fink, Jackson and Mitchell were each
first-team selections, while Carmichael was selected to the second team.
PICKED SECOND IN THE LEAGUE
• The Red Wolves were picked to finish second in the Sun Belt Conference in the preseason poll
as voted by the league's nine head coaches.
• The Red Wolves return a wealth of talent to this year's squad, including its top three goal
scorers from a year ago.
• Fink racked up numerous honors and records in 2012, finishing second in school history in
points, goals, assists, multiple assist games and shots on goal in a single season.
• Fink set school records in most game-winning goals and shots attempted in a single season.
• Loren Mitchell also etched her name into the record books, finishing the year in the top 10 in
school history in points, goals, shots and shots on goal.
WINNING WITH COACH Z
• Head Coach Tafadzwa Ziyenge is the school's all-time leader in career wins by a head coach in
• He broke the the record for most wins by a coach in 2012 and has continued to add to his total.
HUNTING THE GOOSE EGG
• A-State recorded seven shutouts in 2012, setting a school record in the process.
• The previous season-high wsa five, which A-State had done in 2009 and and 2011.
• The seven shutouts was also the second most among SBC teams.