RUSSELLVILLE, Ark. (GreatAmericanConference.com) – The Great American Conference has announced the league's Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for the fifth week of play. Harding's Romo Westbrook is the offensive honoree after rambling for 171 yard. Ouachita Baptist's Antwion Patterson and Northwestern Oklahoma State's Kollin Retter shared the defensive award and Arkansas-Monticello's Jamie McGee took special teams accolades after a perfect afternoon on a muddy field.
GAC OFFENSIVE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK – Romo Westbrook, Harding, FB, Jr., Marion, AR
Westbrook led Harding to a nationally televised 28-14 victory against Southern Arkansas as he rushed a career-high 21 times for 171 yards. The Marion, AR native averaged over 8 yards per rush and his 51-yard touchdown rush gave the Bisons a 14-0 second quarter lead.
GAC DEFENSIVE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK – Antwion Patterson, Ouachita Baptist, DL, Sr., Atlanta, Ga./Kollin Retter, Northwestern Oklahoma State, LB, Fr., Yukon, OK
Patterson earns a share of his second straight GAC weekly defensive honor as he recorded ten tackles, including two sacks in Ouachita Baptist's 31-14 win at Southwestern Oklahoma State. His pressure from the Tiger defensive front was key in holding SWOSU to only nine first downs and 133 yards of total offense, which was 313 yards less than the Bulldogs averaged entering the game. Retter had a hand in four turnovers despite Northwestern Oklahoma State's 42-0 loss to No. 8 Henderson State. The Yukon, OK freshman recorded two interceptions and also forced two fumbles. He also notched ten tackles on the afternoon, including one for loss.
GAC SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK – Jamie McGee, Arkansas-Monticello, K, Fr., Lake Charles, LA
McGee overcame sloppy field conditions to boot field goals of 43 and 30 yards in the Weevils' 34-0 whitewashing of Arkansas Tech. He also was perfect on a pair of extra points to help UAM post their third win of the season.
- JoJo Snell, Jr., RB, East Central (115 total yards, 90 receiving yards, 3 touchdowns)
- Rod Smith, Jr., RB, Arkansas-Monticello (32 carries, 106 yards, 1 TD, 4 rec.)
- Chris Terry, Soph., WR, Southern Arkansas (4 catches, 124 yards, 1 TD)
- Benson Jordan, Jr., QB, Ouachita Baptist (34-49, 364 yds, 1 rush TD, 1 TD pass)
- B.J. Jones, Sr., DE, Harding (4 TT, 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble)
- Jim O'Brien, Sr., DE, Southwestern Oklahoma State (6 TT, 1 INT return for TD, 1 FF)
- Logan Genz, Soph., LB, Arkansas Tech (24 TT, 12 solo, set school and conference record for total tackles)
- JuJu Turituri, Jr., DT, East Central (6 TT, 3 TFL, 2 sacks)
- Mark Spaight, Sr., LB, Southern Arkansas (13 TT, 10 solo, 1 TFL)
- Nathan Kadlecek, Sr., P, Harding (averaged 41.0 yards per punt, 3 punts inside of 11-yard line)
- Dylan Nowak, Jr., P, Southern Arkansas (44.0 yards per punt)