FAYETTEVILLE (ArkansasRazorbacks.com) – With the start of the 2013-14 University of Arkansas men's basketball season rapidly approaching, the Razorback Department of Athletics has announced a new season ticket package, the #NeverYield Starter Pack, focused on enticing new season ticket holders.
The #NeverYield Starter Pack includes a season ticket in the upper deck beginning at $360 and many other exclusive benefits listed below that give a first-time season ticket holder everything they need to be a complete Razorback fan.
NeverYield Starter Pack:
• One #NeverYield t-shirt for each ticket purchased
• Food voucher (for each ticket purchased) good for: one souvenir cup drink, one hot dog, one popcorn
• Name recognition on the RAZORVISION screen at a home game
• One voucher good for a game program (redeemable at any home game)
• Opportunity to purchase additional single-game tickets to the Missouri game after Razorback Foundation members, but before the seats go on sale to the public
• Schedule Card/Poster/Magnet for each ticket sold, mailed to each account
• One women's basketball individual game general admission ticket for each season ticket purchased
• A 10% off coupon at Hog Heaven
To tip off this special deal, head coach Mike Anderson and the Razorback Athletic Department will hold an open practice on Tuesday, Oct. 15, for prospective season ticket buyers and current season ticket holders.
The open practice will run from 4:30-7 p.m. and is open to the public. Fans can enter Bud Walton Arena through the south entrance.
Ticket sales associates will assist fans in selecting season tickets at the event while fans preview team and the #FASTEST40 action they will see at the 18 regular-season and two exhibition contests.
The open practice is the first of two opportunities in October for Razorback fans to get a look at this year's team. Hog Wild Hoops, held on Sunday, Oct. 27 will be highlighted by an intra-squad scrimmage. Doors will open at 2:30 p.m. with the scrimmage starting at 3:30 p.m. The Razorback women's basketball team will be introduced at halftime. The event will also include performances by the Arkansas Spirit Squads, contests and prizes for both Razorback students and fans. Following the Red-White game and after a short break, student-athletes and coaches will be available for autographs on the concourse.
Hog Wild Hoops will also serve as a collection point for food items to benefit local food pantries. Coach Mike Anderson, Coach Tom Collen and the Razorback Department of Athletics encourage fans to bring two non-perishable food items for donation and collection bins will be located at each entrance to the arena.
For more information on Arkansas basketball, follow @RazorbackMBB on Twitter.