Friday, October 11 | 1 p.m. CST
at Monroe, La.
Arkansas State (6-5-2, 1-2 SBC) vs
ULM (6-7-0, 2-1 SBC)
Series History: A-State leads 8-0
Twitter: @AStateGameDay #AStateSoc
NEXT UP: Sunday, October 13 | 1 p.m. CST
at Lafayette, La.
*Arkansas State (6-5-2, 1-2 SBC) vs
*Louisiana-Lafayette (5-5-2, 2-1 SBC)
Series History: ULL leads 6-5
Twitter: @AStateGameDay #AStateSoc
THE KICKOFF: The Arkansas State women's soccer team will take the pitch for a pair of road matchups in the state of Louisiana this weekend. A-State will play Louisiana-Monroe Friday at 1 p.m. followed by a Sunday afternoot contest with Louisiana-Lafayette. The Red Wolves are looking to get back on track after back-to-back losses last week, which included the squad's first home loss of the year. A-State has never lost to ULM in eight matchups, while the Ragin' Cajuns hold a slim 6-5 series lead all-time against the Red Wolves.
WINNING STREAK COMES TO AN END
• A-State recently had its three-match win streak, which was tied for the longest in school history,
snapped at Troy on Oct. 3.
• The Red Wolves also suffered their first home loss of the season to the hand of South Alabama
on Oct. 6.
SENIOR DAY ON THE HORIZON
• The A-State soccer team will honor its four seniors in a post match ceremony Oct. 20.
• The Red Wolves will honor Alex Furr, Christine Giles, Ashley Jackson and Madison Joyce for their
contributions to the team over the last seasons.
BUILDING A WINNING TRADITION
• Since the start of the 2012 season A-State has won 17 matches, the most in the program's
history over a two-year span.
A-STATE EARNS TWO POW HONORS
• Sophomore Loren Mitchell was tabbed as the SBC Offensive Player of the Week after her note
worthy performance against Arkansas-Pine Bluff (Sept. 20) and Murray State (Sept. 22). She
scored two goals against the Racers, which tied a career-high and was also her second career
match with at least two goals.
• Junior Christina Fink was named the CollegeSportsMadness.com SBC Women's Soccer Player of
the Week for her performance against UAPB (Sept. 20) and Murray State (Sept. 22). She scored a
goal and has one assist in the 5-0 victory against the Golden Lions.
A TOUGH PLACE TO PLAY
• Over its last 20 home matches, the Red Wolves have won 15.
• Over the past three seasons the Red Wolves have a home record of 16-6-3.
• A-State has won six home matches in 2013 and is just one away from tying the all-time mark
for wins at home in a season. The previous mark is seven, which was set in 2012.
• Christina Fink is second on ASU's all-time career points list with 40 for her career while
Loren Mitchell is fourth on the list with 34 points for her career. Christine Giles is now
tied for eigth all-time with 25 points for her career.
• Fink and Mitchell stand tied for fourth on the all-time career goals list with 14 for her career,
while Giles is tied for 10th with nine career goals.
• Fink is the now the career leader in game-winning goals with seven for her career.
• Katey Carmichael now has 21 points in her career which is the 10th most in school history.
SCORING GOALS QUICKLY
• For the fourth time this season, the A-State soccer team needed less than four minutes to score
• The most recent occurance was Sept. 29 against UALR when ASU scored goals at the 84:13 mark
and then again at the 87:10 point of the game in the 2-1 victory.
• The Red Wolves accomplished the feat Sept. 15 at Oral Roberts, taking just 3:13 in between
• Against Grambling State on Sept. 8 the squad needed just 2:57 to score back-to-back goals.
• On Sept. 3 against Missouri State the Red Wolves scored goals just 1:05 apart.
GILES ETCHES NAME INTO RECORD BOOK
• Christine Giles recorded eight shots against Grambling State on Sept. 8, which now stands as the
second most shots in school history.
• Jenna Duerst and Madison Joyce each finished with two assists during A-State's Sept. 8 matchup
with Grambling State. The total for each is tied for the second most ever during a single match.
• Loren Mitchell had two assists against Oral Roberts on Sept. 15 to also tie the mark.
OUTSHOOTING THE COMPETITION
• Arkansas State took 39 shots in 7-0 victory over Grambling State Sept. 8, which was the second
most in school history.
• The all-time mark in a match is 43 shots was set during the 2012 season.
• A-State also took 19 shots on goal, which ranks as the fourth most in school history.
• Arkansas State went undefeated in four straight matches from Aug. 30-Sept. 8, which was tied
for the longest streak in school history.
• A-State accomplished the mark during the 2010 season and then also spread out a streak across
at the end of the 2007 season and the start of the 2008 season.
FINK WITH A NEW CAREER HIGH
• Junior midfielder Christina Fink set a new career high with six shots in match against Missouri
State Sept. 3. The total also ranks tied for the third most shots in school history.
• She also set a career high with four shots on goal in the match, which ranks tied for the fourth
most in a match in school history.
• ASU ranks 17th in the nation in assists per match, averaging 2.45 per contest.
• The squad also ranks 22nd in points per match, with a 7.36 average in each match.
• The team is 27th in scoring offense, averaging 2.45 goals per match.
• Madison Joyce is 46th in the country with five total assists.
• Loren Mitchell is ranked 46th in the country in total goals with 7 and 58th in total points with
• Madison Joyce is tied for second in the conference with five assist on the year.
• Loren Mitchell and Christina Fink are tied for first in the league with 2 game winning goals each
• Amanda Lee ranks fourth in save percentage (.789) and fifth in GAA (1.40).
• As a team ASU is tied for first in goal per game average, scoring exactly two per match.
JOYCE SETS A CAREER HIGH
• Madison Joyce set a career high with three shots against Missouri State on Sept 3. Her previous
career high was two shots which was two shots which she had done four previous times.
APPROACHING THE TOP 10
• Loren Mitchell's goal against Southern Miss gave her eight for her career, placing her in a tie for
11th place on the all-time goal scoring list at A-State.
• Christina Fink is currently in seventh place on the list with 10 career goals.