Crossing guard robbed of hearing aid, teeth: 'I get to blow my w - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Crossing guard robbed of hearing aid, teeth: 'I get to blow my whistle for another day'

Linda Foster is not hiding behind her stop sign anymore. Linda Foster is not hiding behind her stop sign anymore.
Thanks to help from local businesses, Foster is sporting a new hearing aid and full set of teeth after her old ones were stolen from her during an attack at an ATM. Thanks to help from local businesses, Foster is sporting a new hearing aid and full set of teeth after her old ones were stolen from her during an attack at an ATM.
Donell Johnson, 20, is now charged with aggravated robbery after Foster identified him in a photo lineup. Donell Johnson, 20, is now charged with aggravated robbery after Foster identified him in a photo lineup.

(WMC-TV) - Her story captured the hearts of many across the Mid-South. Linda Foster is a crossing guard who lost more than money in an armed robbery. She also lost her hearing aid and her teeth.

The man police believe is responsible is finally behind bars. And Linda is not only thankful to be alive, but she is grateful for the support she received after the community heard her story.

Linda Foster is not hiding behind her stop sign anymore.

"I think I look like a different person now, I feel better I've got more confidence when I smile," she said.

Thanks to help from local businesses, Foster is sporting a new hearing aid and full set of teeth after her old ones were stolen from her during an attack at an ATM. The armed robber was on the loose until a recent break in the case.

The veteran and beloved crossing guard has been through a lot lately, but things are looking up.

"And I got to ride in a police car," she said. "I know that doesn't sound like fun but it was fun."

Foster says she can sleep a little easier knowing a suspected armed robber is behind bars.

"I'm thankful I'm alive and I am... ...and I get to blow my whistle for another day," said Foster.

Police were able to produce a photo lineup to present to Foster because someone did what we are always asking you to do ... they called Crime Stoppers at (901) 528 CASH.

Copyright 2013 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.

Region 8 Salute: Alex J. Burns graduates basic training with honors

Thursday, February 22 2018 12:58 PM EST2018-02-22 17:58:24 GMT
    Thursday, February 22 2018 1:44 PM EST2018-02-22 18:44:00 GMT
    U.S. Airman 2st Class Alex J. Burns (Source: U.S. Dept. of Defense)U.S. Airman 2st Class Alex J. Burns (Source: U.S. Dept. of Defense)

U.S. Air Force Airman First Class Alex J. Burns graduated basic military training recently at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland in San Antonio, Texas.

New way to check Spring River water level at Hardy

Thursday, February 22 2018 11:04 AM EST2018-02-22 16:04:02 GMT
    Thursday, February 22 2018 1:42 PM EST2018-02-22 18:42:48 GMT

With continuing rain this week, many Hardy residents are trying to check the water level on the Spring River.

CASA's carnival fundraiser to feature chili cook off and raffle

Thursday, February 22 2018 10:17 AM EST2018-02-22 15:17:26 GMT
    Thursday, February 22 2018 1:32 PM EST2018-02-22 18:32:49 GMT
    (Source: CASA 2nd Judicial District of Arkansas Facebook Page)(Source: CASA 2nd Judicial District of Arkansas Facebook Page)

A Region 8 nonprofit is preparing for a big carnival fundraiser.

A Region 8 nonprofit is preparing for a big carnival fundraiser.