Arkansas State at Austin Peay
Nov. 15, 2013 | 7:00 p.m. CT
Clarksville, Tenn. | Winfield Dunn Center (7,257)
TV: N/A | Video: http://www.ovcdigitalnetwork.com/showcase/
Arkansas State will embark on its first road trip of the season as the Red Wolves travel to Clarksville, Tenn., to take on the Lady Governors of Austin Peay. A-State is coming off 79-61 victory over Missouri State in its regular season opener and is looking for its first 2-0 start since the 2008-09 season. Austin Peay is 1-1 on the year, but did take Western Kentucky to the brink in its loss, falling to the Lady Toppers by just three points.
Aundrea Gamble shined in her debut as an Arkansas State women's basketball players. She scored 30 points and pulled down 10 rebounds to lead the Red Wolves to victory. She became the first player to record a double-double since Hanna Qedan did it on Jan. 24 of last season and is just the third player to have one in the last calender year.
Gamble was rewarded for her effort by being named the SBC Sun Belt Player of the Week on Nov. 12, becoming the first Red Wolves player to get the honor since Jane Morrill during the 2011-12 season.
This will be the second meeting in as many years with Austin Peay. Last season, the school renewed the series after a long hiatus with A-State capturing a 75-44 victory. This will be the Red Wolves first trip to Clarksville since 1996. TIp-off is set for 7 p.m.
ARKANSAS STATE/AUSTIN PEAY STATE HISTORY
• This will be the 8th all-time meeting between to the two squads with A-State holding a 6-1 lead in the series.
• This will be the Red Wolves' first trip to Clarksville since the 1996-97 season.
• A-State is 2-1 against Austin Peay in Clarksville with its only loss coming in the 1983-84 season.
• After a 15 year abscence the two squads renewed the series the last year with A-State winning 75-44.
RAISE THE STAKES
• Redshirt sophomore Aundre Gamble had a double-double (30 points, 10 rebounds) in first career game as a Red Wolves basketball player Nov. 11 against Missouri State.
• She became the first player to record a double-double since Hanna Qedan had one on Jan. 24 at Troy.
• She is just the third A-State player to record a double-double in the last calender year.
• She was also named the Sun Belt Conference Player of the Week on Nov. 12 for her performance against the Lady Bears.
MORRILL TOPS SCORING LIST
• Senior forward Jane Morrill is the Sun Belt's career scoring leader among active players.
• Entering Friday night's game with Austin Peay she has 1,122 career points.
• UALR's Taylor Gault is second on the list with 926 and Texas State's Ashley Ezeh is third with 926.
CONSISTENCY ON THE SCOREBOARD
• Including both of the Red Wolves' exhibition games, A-State has scored 79 points in all three of its match ups this year.