RUSSELLVILLE, Ark. (HardingSports.com) - Southeastern Oklahoma State's Urald King and Harding's Kristen Celsor claimed the Great American Conference's Men's and Women's Basketball Players of the Week honors for their performances during the third week of the 2013-14 regular season.
GAC MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK - Urald King, Southeastern Oklahoma State, F, Sr., West Monroe, La.
King averaged 16.5 points and 12.0 rebounds as the Savage Storm won their first two GAC games. He scored 19 points and grabbed 15 rebounds in a 65-62 win against Henderson State. Two days later, he went for 14 points and nine rebounds against Ouachita Baptist. The Savage Storm have opened 2-0 in league play for the first time since 2006-07.
GAC WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK - Kristen Celsor, Harding, F, Sr., Searcy, Ark.
Celsor scored 30 points and grabbed 11 rebounds as the Lady Bisons improved to 4-0 for the first time since 2008. She connected on 11-of-19 from the field, including 3-of-5 from 3-point range. She added two blocks and two steals. This effort represented the second 30-point game of her career. She scored a career-high 33 against Missouri Southern in 2012.
NOTABLE MEN'S NOMINEES
- Marshawn Arnold, F, Jr., Arkansas Tech (Scored 18 points and grabbed six rebounds in victory at Southern Nazarene)
- Rod Camphor, G, Sr., Southwestern Oklahoma State (Averaged 19.5 ppg and 6.0 rpg, helping SWOSU to two road wins)
- Hayden Johnson, F, Sr., Henderson State (His 33 points vs SNU were the most by a Harding player since Feb. 18, 2012)
- Brandon Lucas, G/F, Jr., East Central (Tallied a career-high 26 points vs OBU; averaged 5.5 rebounds for the week)
- Reggie Murphy, C, Jr., Henderson State (Averaged 13.0 points and 8.0 rebounds in two games; shot 50.0 percent, 10-for-20)
- C.J. Smith, G, Jr., Southern Nazarene (Scored 34 points with seven rebounds and six steals in win vs No. 25 Harding)
- Brandon Wilson, F, Sr., Arkansas-Monticello (Shot 56.7 percent from the floor; averaged 19.5 points and 9.5 rebounds)
- Bruce Wright, F, Sr., Northwestern Oklahoma State (Connected on 55.6 percent shooting against SAU and UAM)
NOTABLE WOMEN'S NOMINEES
- Kamera Bozeman, C, Fr., Northwestern Oklahoma State (Made 15-of-18 shots in games vs SAU and UAM; averaged 18.0 ppg)
- Michelle Fisher, G, Sr., Southwestern Oklahoma State (Scored 21 points as SWOSU scored its D-II record 118 points vs UAM)
- Tamia Grady, G, So., Arkansas-Monticello (Hit game-winning lay-up vs NWOSU; averaged 23.5 points per game for the week)
- Nashia James, G, Sr., Ouachita Baptist (Averaged 16.5 ppg and 7.0 rpg vs East Central and Southeastern Oklahoma State)
- Ashleigh Kelman-Poto, P, Jr., East Central (Recorded her first two career double-doubles; averaged 12.0 ppg and 11.5 rpg)
- Chanel Miller, F, Jr., Southern Arkansas (Averaged 19.5 ppg off the bench; led SAU to first conference win since 1/26/11)
- Kristin Milster, G, Sr., Southern Nazarene (Averaged 16.3 points and made five 3-point field goals over three games)
- Anissa Pounds, G, Fr., Arkansas Tech (Shot 58.3 percent from the floor; averaged 19.0 ppg, 4.0 spg, 3.0 apg and 3.0 rpg)
- Aungelique Sledge, G, Jr., Henderson State (Notched career-highs with 33 points and nine steals vs East Central)
- Emily Williams, G, Jr., Southeastern Oklahoma State (Collected double-doubles vs Henderson State and Ouachita Baptist)