Arkansas (4-2) vs. Southeastern Louisiana (3-3)
Date: Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Time: 7:00 P.M.
City: Fayetteville, Ark.
Site: Bud Walton Arena (19,200)
TV: Razorback Sports Network
Channels: KFTA, KATV & KAIT - 8.2 (Digital)
Talent: Scott Inman (P-B-P) & Blake Eddins (Analyst)
Audio: Razorback/IMG Sports Network
Talent: Chuck Barrett (P-B-P) & Rick Schaeffer (Analyst)
Live Stats: www.ArkansasRazorbacks.com
Hashtags: #Fastest40 | #WeHogs
Current Streak: L1
Last 5 Games: 3-2
Home Record: 3-0
Current Streak at Home: W17
Vs. Southeastern Louisiana: 4-0
Last Meeting: December 17, 2011
Arkansas 62, Southeastern Louisiana 55
At A Glance
Arkansas returns to the friendly confines of Bud Walton Arena on Tuesday night against Southland Conference member Southeastern Louisiana. Scott Inman and Blake Eddins will have the call for Razorback Sports Network, as Arkansas carries a 17-game win streak at Bud Walton Arena into the fifth meeting between the two programs. The Razorbacks enter as the top scoring team in the SEC at 84.8 points per game thanks to eight different players reaching double figures this season.
@RazorbackMBB FAST BREAK FACTS
· Own a 17-game home win streak at Bud Walton Arena.
· Won last 37 home games against unranked non-conference opponents, dating back to 2009.
· Lead the SEC in scoring (84.8), free throw percentage (.751) and turnover margin (+5.0).
· Only team in the SEC to score 76+ points in every game.
· One of six SEC teams with four players averaging double figures, but one of just four with two players (Alandise Harris & Michael Qualls) over 15 points per night.
· Eight different players have scored in double figures, while four different players have led the team in scoring.
· Last five opponents currently have a combined record of 28-9 and all having winning records, while the last three have been ranked or received votes in the Associated Press Poll or USA Today Coaches Poll at that time.
· Arkansas bench is averaging 40.7 points per game, good for 48 percent of the team's scoring, and has supplied a double figure scorer in every game.
· Out-scoring opponents by 18.5 points per game off the bench and 7.8 per game in points off turnovers.
· Won the turnover battle in 10 straight games dating back to last year and 59 of 70 games under coach Anderson.
· Sophomore class supplying 32.2 points per game - most by any of the four classes.
· Own the sixth-longest current streak in the nation with a three-pointer in 810 consecutive contests.
· Of Arkansas' 38 home wins (38-4) under Anderson, 27 have come by double-digits.
· Forced opponents into 20 turnovers 16 times (15-1), including twice this season, under Anderson, while coming away with 10+ steals in 25 contests (18-7).
· Anderson's #Fastest40 style of play has resulted in his teams winning the turnover battle in 311 of 368 career games.
HEAD COACHING MATCHUP
Head Coach: Mike Anderson (Tulsa ‘82)
Record at Arkansas: 41-29 (3rd Season)
Overall Record: 241-127 (12th Season)
Vs. Southeastern Louisiana: 1-0
Head Coach: Jim Yarbrough (Florida State ‘87)
Record at SLU: 124-120 (9th Season)
Overall Record: 221-162 (14th Season)
Vs. Arkansas: 0-2
STARTING 5 QUICK HITS
#12 Fred Gulley III (G)
· One of two players to start every game.
· Team leader with 17 assists.
· Positive assist/turnover ratio every with no miscues three times.
· Scored a career-high 10 points in win over Minnesota.
· Has committed just 18 turnovers in 27 games as a Razorback.
05 Anthlon Bell (G)
· Third on the team in scoring (11.2).
· Fifth in the SEC in threes per game (2.7).
· Reached double figures three times.
· Has hit multiple threes in five games, including four straight.
· Five threes in opener are the most by an SEC player this season.
#24 Michael Qualls (G)
· Has a pair of SportsCenter Top 10 Plays this season - both dunks.
· Averaging 15.5 points & 6.2 rebounds - 14th & T-17th in SEC.
· Reached double figures in all six games after just five in 2011-12.
· Scored a career-high 21 points against California.
· 93 points is a total it took him 24 games to get in 2011-12.
#02 Alandise Harris (F)
· Team leader and 12th in the SEC in scoring (15.8).
· Has led the team in scoring three times (3-0).
· Started the final two games at the Maui Invitational.
· Finished in double figures five of six games.
· Has 95 total points on 55 field goal attempts.
#10 Bobby Portis (F)
· Averaging 15 points and seven rebounds the last two games.
· Reached double figures three times.
· Only player to lead the team in points & rebounds in same game.
· Had season-bests of 18 points & 7 rebounds vs. No. 11 Gonzaga.
· One of four players averaging double figures (10.5).